Lush Big Bang Bubble Bar Review

Lush Big Bang Bubble Bar Review
 Lush says "Start your day off with a bang and treat yourself to a colorful bubble bath filled with softening avocado butter, zesty grapefruit oil and refreshing lemon myrtle oil. There's also a bit of bath melt mix blended into this one to give it even more skin-softening power. Sink deep into its pristine blue waters, lie back and contemplate your place in the universe." Big Bang recently landed on Lush's chopping block - it's still available, but once the current stock is sold out, this Bubble Bar is gone, so I figured I needed to get my thoughts on it out ASAP.  This Bubble Bar weighs in at 100g and sells for $7.50AUD ($7.95USD). Lush products are cruelty free, and most of their products, including Big Bang, are vegan friendly. This Bubble Bar was handmade in Australia.
Lush Big Bang Bubble Bar Review
Big Bang is a round, bright blue bar with two star shaped bath melts pressed into the top, surrounded by bright yellow dots and dusted with a silvery lustre. Cute and eye catching for sure! This bubble bar is creamy and smooth in texture, and mostly easy to crumble - though the included bath melt is quite solid and difficult to break apart. If I had to compare Big Bang's texture to other Lush Bubble Bars, I'd say it's most similar to Creamy Candy in consistency.
Lush Big Bang Bubble Bar Review
For some reason I always overlooked Big Bang while perusing Lush's Bubble Bar offerings - probably because I was always looking to get the biggest bang for my buck (sorry, that was initially unintended, but it works), and always went for the larger bars. I've now used up two Big Bang bars, and I both love and dislike it. Though I managed to stretch the second bar out into three baths, Big Bang is better used in two halves, or as a whole bar for best results. Normally, I'd never recommend using an entire Bubble Bar in one bath, but this solid bubble bath is pretty underwhelming. In my photos below I used half of a Big Bang bar, crumbled into a stocking and held under running water, and it barely managed to produce enough bubbles to cover the surface of my bathwater. Most of Lush's Bubble Bars create a mounds and mounds of bubbles, but not this one. To make Big Bang even more disappointing, what little bubbles it does produce just don't last - they start dissipating immediately and are gone after just ten minutes. The water under the bubbles, though? Gorgeous. Big Bang tinges your bathwater the most perfect bright cyan, while the built in bath melt imparts a small but noticeable amount of moisturizing ingredients into the water. Just enough to leave your skin feeling silky, but you'll probably still want to follow up with a lotion to lock those nice, hydrating ingredients in.
Lush Big Bang Bubble Bar
Big Bang has a wonderful fragrance. This Bubble Bar has a bright lemon scent that's candyish but not too sweet. It's not particularly citrusy, nor is it sour in any way, yet it's still distinctly lemon. If I had to draw a comparison, I'd say Big Bang smells most similar to lemon heads lollies. The scent isn't extraordinary, but it's very very enjoyable - I think it'd be lovely in warmer weather - it seems like it'd be the perfect scent for lounging in a bath with a glass of cold cucumber water on a hot day.
Lush Big Bang Bubble Bar
I understand why Lush is discontinuing Big Bang. This is far from their best performing Bubble Bar, but it did win a spot in my heart, mostly because I'm a sucker for anything blue. While I'm on the fence about buying one more Big Bang bar, I don't recommend that you run out and try it before it's gone unless you love the color or scent, otherwise you'll probably be disappointed. 


Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate Cream of Tartar Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Lauryl Betaine Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter Cornflour Avocado Butter Perfume Grapefruit Oil Organic Lemon Myrtle Oil Tangerine Oil Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Rice Syrup Citric Acid Laureth 4 Yellow Lustre *Benzyl Benzoate *Citral *Limonene Colour 17200 Colour 45410 Colour 42090 Colour 45380:3

No comments