Small September Haul

 If you follow my Twitter or read any of my life updates, you'll know that I'm currently unemployed and struggling, and I haven't been able to really treat myself for a while. However, I received my AdSense payout and decided to have a bit of a shopping trip. I went to South Hills Village with a little shopping list, and I'm happy to say that I got everything on it and managed to go a little under budget! Click through to see what I picked up today.

 My first stop was Bath&BodyWorks, where I picked up five Pocket Bacs for $6.  I didn't pick up any of my regular scents - I always buy Island Margarita, Caribbean Escape, you know - the classics, but I decided to try something new. Today I picked up Black Cherry Merlot, at the recommendation of EmilyNoel83 and Hollie Forrest, and I love it, it smells as amazing as they say! Next up was Pumpkin Cupcake, a standard pumpkin spice scent. California Citrus&Sunshine and Sonoma Sunflower Blossom are two sunny, citrusy scents. My final choice was influenced by ALoveTart, who recommended White Peach Chardonnay, which smells incredible, like peach gummi bears. I love them all!
 Next I hit the new Lush in South Hills Village, which opened about two months ago. I had enough empty pots to return in exchange for a free Fresh Face Mask. I knew I wanted to try one of the three new masks, and ended up settling on Don't Look at Me - a bright blue clay mask that claims to brighten and purify. Like all of the Lush masks, Don't Look at Me smells pretty unpleasant, but I'm still excited to try it - I've liked the other two that I've used.
 Pixi recently started stocking small bottles of their coveted Glow Tonic Toner in US Target Stores, and I popped in to see if they had any in stock...,and guess who scored the last bottle? Me! I paid $15 for this little bottle, which feels regrettable, but I'm still extremely excited to try it! I also got a new pouf, isn't it pretty?
 I also treated myself to a MAC Lipstick. I don't know why I had such an intense desire for a MAC Lipstick, but I did? I was stuck between three shades - Whirl, Mocha, or Half n Half. I ended up choosing the latter. Half n Half is a pretty pinkish brown with an amplified finish. I'm sad I didn't get the sales associate's name, she was extremely helpful and friendly.
 And finally, I got this little sample of Benefit's Porefessional for free from Ulta. I had received a coupon for a free mini They're Real! Mascara in an Ulta catalog, but this store didn't have any in stock, so they gave me a little Porefessional instead. The cashier was nice enough to let me keep the coupon and redeem it at another store.

I'm satisfied, I had a really nice day. Plus, I had my monthly Java Chip Frappuccino, which always brightens my day.


Disclosure:
All products in this haul were paid for with my own money, or free.

9 comments

  1. This is a great post! I especially love the MAC lipstick, its such a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! <3 It really is pretty, I love it already.

      Delete
  2. I am unaware that you were out of a job but I hope you find a new one soon, that is if your looking. I'm glad you had the chance to treat yourself! Everyone deserves a chance to be pampered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have something super part time (we're talking just a couple hours a week) to keep me afloat, but I am looking for more. Thanks for the kind words. n_n

      Delete
  3. I have wanted to try the pixie Glow Tonic for ages, had no idea they did the smaller bottles!

    lifeonblog.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They just started offering the smaller 100ml (3.4 oz) bottles a few weeks ago. It's a great size to try, or to travel with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But why wear a face mask if you do not want to be looked at

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, didn't know that the Glow Tonic is now in stores! I've been looking for a gentle Exfoliating toner since I don't like to use the ones with the beads anymore. I'm currently using the one by Paula's Choice but it seems to be drying my skin a bit too much. I could just use a thicker moisturizer but I don't want to have to wait for it to sink in, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now its just the little bottles, hopefully the full size will be stocked in store soon! I've only been using Glow Tonic for a week but its fantastic and definitely worth trying.

      Delete