July 2015 Ipsy Bag - Summer Lovin'

 My Ipsy Bag has been coming earlier and earlier lately - I just got my shipping notice yesterday and here it is! Believe me, I am not complaining! I ended up with a decent bag this month - nothing really exciting for me, there were a lot of products I would've rather received, but in the grand scheme of things, I like four of the five products. If you aren't familiar with Ipsy, let me get you up to speed - this is a monthly subscription service that costs $10 a month for a new makeup bag and 4-6 beauty products that range in size from deluxe samples to full sized products (shipping is free!).

Ipsy partnered with two dozen brands this month:

New Partnerships: Jelly Pong Pong, Essie, Vasanti, Nudestix, Teeez Cosmetivs, Octavio Molina Hair

Repeat Partnerships: Jersey Shore Suncare, Nicka K, Jor'el Parker, Tarte, Crown Brush, Tini Beauty, Eva NYC, City Color, Pur Lisse, Ofra, Coolway, Be a Bombshell, Ole Henriksen, Lulu Blossom, Bare Republic, Avene, Aurora, Bella Pierre

Click through to see what came in my July 2015 Ipsy Bag.

 I'm not really feeling the bag this month - its a side zip canvas pouch with a teal zipper. The colorful tribal print isn't really my style at all, though I gotta say, it is pretty summery.
 Jersey Shore Sun Vanilla Coconut Cream Mongongo Lip Balm
Full Size - $10 

My Thoughts:
I'm always down for a lip balm, especially one with SPF. I'm not at all a fan of the vanilla coconut cream scent, but the texture of this balm is nice and slick. It'll get used for sure. 

The Claims:
100% natural and USDA certified organic. This conditioner will leave your lips silky-smooth, luscious and hydrated! Mongongo oil has hydrating, regenerating and restructuring properties and offers a unique protection from UV and environmental pollutants in skin applications. Mongongo oil is rich in calcium, magnesium, zinc, cooper and anti-oxidants.

The Offer:
50% off lip conditioners at jerseyshoresun.com with code ipsy50. exp 8/31/15
Jor'el Parker Classico Rollerball
Full Size - $21

 My Thoughts:
This is the one product I'll be passing along. This scent is too heavy and floral for my liking, especially in summer. It reminds me of an old Avon perfume, Rare Pearls maybe.


The Claims:
Exotic, inspiring, and full of surprises, Classico whisks you away from the day-to-day. Indulge in the spicy seduction of Indian Tuberose, the striking and sweet sensation of Turkish Cyclamen and the purifying calm of Spanish Mandarin.

The Offer:
N/A

 Crown Brush Professional Tweezers
Full Size - $6.99

My Thoughts:
Now here is a product I'll get a ton of use from! My trusty old Revlon tweezers have gotten quite dull over the years, and now I have a nice, sharp new pair from Crown! 

The Claims:
The stainless steel Professional Tweezers come complete with tips that are perfectly aligned, hand-filed at a 45 degree angle with carefully calculated tension.

The Offer:
30% off at crownbrush.us with code ipsytwzr30. exp 8/31/15

 Nicka K Sierra Eyeshadow Quad 
Full Size - $4.99

My Thoughts:
I'm torn on this. This eyeshadow quad seem ok, but the packaging and texture of the eyeshadows just says "dollar store". You know how you get eyeshadow from the dollar store and the texture is really soft and pigmented, but they're gone in an hour? I feel like that's the kind of formula we have here. I'll definitely test the quad out and see if that's the case. Two shades were sent out, and I would've much preferred the other one, Sierra is too pinky for my liking. 


The Claims:
Experience radiant color and exceptional wear with the new HQ Quad Eyeshadows. Available in expertly curated, complementary color combinations, each quad features shades optimal for highlighting, contouring, and defining the eyes. They boast an incredible formula with buttery smooth pigmentation, that seamlessly applies and blends.

The Offer:
20% off at Nicka.com with code IPSY. exp 8/31/15

Tarte Park Avenue Princess Bronzer 
Deluxe Sample (3g) - $10
Full Size (9g) - $30 

My Thoughts:
I was really excited to see this bronzer in my bag, because who doesn't love getting a Tarte product? My enthusiasm waned when I swatched it and found it to be a little bit shimmery. I'll see if I can make it work, but shimmery bronzer isn't really for me. I love the color though, its on the lighter end of the spectrum and seems like it'll work for my super pale skin. 

The Claims:
Tarte’s best-selling, multi-tasking bronzer is formulated to blend and build your perfect level of uniform bronze. Available in the signature park ave princess™ radiant bronze shade, the waterproof formula adds instant warmth and dimension across a variety of skin tones as Amazonian clay helps improve skin clarity, texture and tone for an overall lit from within complexion.

The Offer:
20% off at tartecosmetics.com with code IPSYJULY. exp 8/13/15

____________________________________________________________

Total Value of my July Ipsy Bag:
$53.28

Great value, decent products, I'm pretty satisfied with July's bag. All but one product was full sized, which is always great. Here's to hoping August's bag has more exciting products.

What did you get in your July Ipsy Bag?




Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links and referral codes.

7 comments

  1. I think you got a pretty great bag! I'm excited for mine to come...we normally get it around the same time (I've noticed lol)'so even though my tracking says it's in Georgia it doesn't really mean much since it's almost always wrong haha but I also got the Crown Tweezers, I'm okay with it since I always seem to misplace mine lol. And I got the same perfume which I'm pumped for (I never get perfumes from ipsy even though I love them!) but now I'm worried about the scent...but if it smells like avon I can either pass it on to my mom or grandma and they'll be thrilled. Then I'm getting a Nude Stick? Or Nude Stix...I don't really know lol but I'm excited to try it since I guess it's either a highlighter or an eyeshadow pencil, either way I'm down...I don't remember the rest so Imma go check my glam room again lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I'm getting the Pur-Lisse (sp?) brightening serum, which I'm not excited for...I'm kinda sick of getting Pur-whatever products lol and City Colors HD powder which I am super excited for! So 4/5 isn't bad at all! They've done worse for sure! ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jealous of the Nude Stix product! I think it's an eyeshadow crayon. I really want to try that brand tho. Glad you like what's coming in your bag though, hopefully you get it tomorrow!

      Delete
  3. mine didn't arrive yet, but I hope it will very soon, now I am even more curious.

    maybe you wanna take part in my sub box link up - http://www.hatemeorloveme.net/2015/07/linkup-sub-boxes-july-2015.html
    you don't really have to do anything but add your link, it will be monthly recurring and I am hoping to get a nice collection of sub box unboxing posts every month as an overview

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I love linkups, thanks. <3

      Delete
  4. You're getting yours earlier, and mine is coming later and later :P

    Tracking says it should be here by Thursday, but it's already at my local post office, so there's hope for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get it early because special n.n

    ReplyDelete