Glossier Coconut Balm Dotcom Review

Glossier says their newest product is "A vacation in a luxe little tube, Coconut Balm Dotcom lets you take Tulum with you wherever you go. It’s our cult favorite do-anything skin salve with a mood-boosting update—the same super dense formula is made with beeswax and castor seed oil for long-lasting hydration, plant extracts provide antioxidants and skin-enhancing nutrients, and the dreamy coconut scent smells like the best parts of summer." This coconut scented lip balm contains 13ml (.44 fl oz) and sells for $12 at Glossier.com. I was lucky enough to receive this balm for free during a company run promotion last month. Glossier is cruelty free. The Coconut Balm Dotcom was made in the USA.

I'm not feeling the Balm Dotcom's packaging to be honest. This multi use salve comes in an malleable squeeze tube with an orange twist off cap. The Glossier logo and product name are printed on the front of the tube, with directions on the back. Unfortunately, all of the lettering began to rub off pretty much immediately. That ain't my only gripe though! This balm's tube also has no applicator, so you have to squeeze product out onto your fingers and rub it into the lips or nails - not very convenient or sanitary. Packaging is recyclable.

Glossier's Coconut Balm Dotcom is a thick, clear salve with a paste like consistency. Once this balm comes into contact with the skin, it melts a little and thin out, helping it spread across the skin with ease. The Balm Dotcom is a multi use product that can be used on the lips, the skin, the nails - anywhere you need a hit of hydration.

 Personally, I love the Coconut Balm Dotcom on my nails. I apply the tiniest speck of this balm onto each nail, rubbing it into my nail beds and cuticles. This salve softens my cuticles enough to push them back, while seemingly preventing hang nails - I'm very prone to them, but I haven't had a single one since I incorporated the Balm Dotcom into my daily routine! Best of all, my nails are growing longer, strong, and hard as a rock! No breaks here*.

Glossier's balm is just as great on the lips as it is on the nails! Coconut Balm Dotcom is very hydrating, leaving my lips soft, smooth, and plump with enough moisture to last all day. Seriously, I only apply this balm once, usually at bedtime, and I'm good to go for the day! The thick texture also leads me to believe that Glossier's balm will be great for protecting the lips against harsh winter weather. An added bonus to an already awesome product is the warm, pleasant scent and flavor - it isn't pure coconut, more like coconut cookies, and its delicious!

Glossier's Coconut Balm Dotcom is fantastic! As a lip balm, it provides a full day's worth of hydration with a delectable flavor. Balm Dotcom is also an amazing nail treatment, it really fortifies the nails - mine are in their best condition in YEARS! Glossier's Balm Dotcom is definitely worth checking out - its a top notch product from a small startup brand - plus they send super cute stickers with every order. That alone should be a major selling point!

*I broke a nail minutes after typing that sentence. 


Ingredients:
Castor Seed Oil, Beeswax, Lanolin, Capuacu Seed Butter, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxipoline, Fragrance, Rice Bran Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sunflower Extract, Tocopherol, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Benyzl Benzoate

\Disclosure:
I received this product for free during a contest or promotion. 

1 comment