Exuviance Purifying Cleansing Gel Review

Exuviance says their Purifying Cleansing Gel is a "soap free foaming cleanser" that "gently washes away makeup, surface oils and impurities without altering skin's natural moisture balance. Contains the anti-aging properties of Alpha and Polyhydroxy Acids (AHAs and PHAs), along with conditioners to soothe and improve skin texture. For all skin types, including sensitive skin. Non-drying and gentle to skin." This cleanser contains 7.2 fl oz (212ml) and sells for $32. Exuviance also offers a two pack for $56. Exuviance products can be purchased via the brand's website, Ulta, Beauty.com, and Dermstore. I was fortunate enough to receive a travel sized bottle of the Purifying Cleansing Gel in a PR package. Exuviance does not test on animals. This face wash was made in the USA.

The full size of Exuviance's Purifying Cleansing Gel comes in a tall bottle with a convenient pump. The product name and brand logo are printed on the bottle. This cleanser's travel sized packaging is similar, but it lacks a pump, which is kinda of a pain in the ass to be honest. You have to squeeze this gel out of a fairly wide opening, often causing you to dispense too much product. Boo, I hate wasting product, especially one this good. Packaging is recyclable.

The Exuviance Purifying Cleansing Gel is a thin gel that comes in a pretty and fresh aqua color. As I mentioned, this gel cleanser is quite thin (though not watery like Nip+Fab's Glycolic Fix Cleanser), so I suggest using some sort of cleansing tool (a wash cloth, cleansing brush or konjac sponge) to get the most out of this face wash. Whether you use your hands or a cleansing implement, I think you'll be very surprised by how much Exuviance's Purifying Cleansing Gel foams up - I certainly was! I mean wow, even a little drop of this facial cleanser will give you suds for days! Typically, a foaming cleansers like this tends to be harsh and stripping to the skin, but not this one! I actually find the Exuviance Purifying Cleansing Gel quite gentle and maybe even a little invigorating. The lather is very soft and thick, almost creamy in a way, yet it rinses away very easily. This cleanser gently and effectively washes away most makeup (or any makeup left over from my pre cleanse), and any excess oil or dirt that built up during the day (or overnight) without leaving my skin feeling dry or tight in the slightest - in fact it feels very soft and smooth after I rinse it away. My only complaint about the Exuviance Purifying Cleansing Gel is the scent - which is light and floral in a funeral parlor kinda way. The scent is mild and doesn't linger, so I can get past it, I just wish it wasn't included.

I really like Exuviance's Purifying Cleansing Gel! I wouldn't purchase the full sized bottle because I don't think I could bring myself to pay $30+ on a face wash - but I'll miss this cleanser when its gone! Exuviance Purifying Cleansing Gel cleanses my normal to combo skin very thoroughly without drying it in any way. I definitely agree with the brand that this cleanser is suitable for almost any skin type, though those with quite dry skin probably want to opt for something with more moisturizing properties. If you don't mind spending a decent chunk of cash to invest in a good cleanser, then by all means do try Exuviance's Purifying Cleansing Gel!





Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, TEA-Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid, Gluconolactone, Polyquaternium-10, Benzophenone-4, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Parfum (Fragrance), CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 19140 (Yellow 5)

Disclosure:
This product was sent to me for review by Exuviance and Brand Backer. This post contains affiliated links/referral codes

1 comment