Clarins Candy Shimmer Instant Light Lip Perfector Review+Swatches

Clarins Candy Shimmer Instant Light Lip Perfector with box
 Clarins' Instant Light Lip Perfectors are a "softly textured lip gel with a deliciously sweet scent and 3D shimmer. Experience the lusciously smooth, shiny and fuller lips you've always dreamed of. Sheer, but shaded enough to wear alone or to complement your favorite lip shade." I lusted after these beautiful luxury glosses for years, and after swatching them all, I settled on Candy Shimmer. Clarins' Instant Light Lip Perfectors contain 12ml (.35 fl oz) and sell for $24 at Clarins counters, and Ulta. Unfortunately, Clarins is not cruelty free. This lip gloss was made in France.

Clarins Candy Shimmer Instant Light Lip Perfector
 Initially, I was attracted to the Instant Light Lip Perfectors because of their gorgeous, classic packaging. Now that I finally have one, I appreciate the lovely packaging more than ever! Clarins' Instant Light Lip Perfectors come in long, color matched tubes with shiny gold caps - the product name and Clarins logo are printed on the tube in white lettering; French on one side, English on the other. Under the cap is a fuzzy, slanted applicator that polishes the gloss onto the lips, providing an even application. Packaging does not seem to be recyclable.
Clarins Candy Shimmer Instant Light Lip Perfector Applicator Close up
 Clarins' Instant Light Lip Perfectors are just wonderful. This gloss feels more like a melted balm than a lip gloss, honestly - it feels so comforting, smooth and hydrating! The formula has some weight to it, enough to give it purchase on the lips, preventing it from sliding and transferring, but not enough to feel heavy or tacky - on the contrary, its extremely smooth! I get about 90 minutes of wear from Candy Shimmer, before it sinks into the lips, leaving them feeling soft and nourished. Candy Shimmer has medium color payoff, it appears opaque on the lips, but my natural lip color peeks through a bit, but not enough to influence the color. Clarins' Instant Light Lip Perfectors have a sweet, neutral scent and flavor.
 Candy Shimmer is a pretty, neutral pink that's a great 'my lips but better' shade for me. This Instant Light Lip Perfector contains the most minute shimmer particles, they can barely be seen. The shimmer is so subtle that Candy Shimmer appears to have a shimmer free, creamy, gloss finish.
I like Clarins' Instant Light Lip Perfector just as much as I thought I would! Packaging is just gorgeous, I feel quite posh every time I pull it out of my bag. This gloss has a super hydrating formula that seems to really moisturize the lips. Candy Shimmer is such an easy to wear pink, I think it'll flatter most - though that can be said about all six shades really. I think I'll treat myself to the Rose Wood Shimmer shade in the future! If you want to splurge on a luxe glossy that'll benefit your lips, I think Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfectors are definitely worth your dollars! 



Ingredients:
Paraffinum Liquid/ Mineral Oil/ Huile Minerale, Diisostearyl Malate, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)- Dipentaerythrityl Tetrahydroxystearate/ Tetraisostearate, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene

Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me. This post contains affiliated links/referral codes

3 comments