February Monthly LipPicks

I've decided that I want to work through my ever-growing stash of lip products; both in an effort to clear out half used and aging products, and to get reacquainted with beloved lippies that have been pushed to the side. For the rest of 2015, I'll be filling an acrylic lipstick holder with six glosses and six lipsticks, and keeping it in plain view on my dresser. Lets take a closer look at this month's picks, with swatches included.

The Lipsticks

Left to Right:

Revlon Romantic, Benefit BeneBalm, Revlon Red Velvet, Maybelline Berry Ready, MAC Viva Glam Gaga, Bare Minerals Get Ready

The Lip Glosses:

Left to Right:

L'Oreal Plum Rush, Cailyn Love Affair, Pop Peony Petal, Maybelline Caviar Couture, Too Faced Sex Pot, Bare Minerals Dare Devil 
L'Oreal Plum Rush Le Gloss and I have a love/hate relationship. I love the formula, but I'm so disappointed by the payoff. What appears to be a deep purple in the tube turns out to be so sheer that it may as well be clear. I chose this gloss because I want to finish it, but also because the moisturizing formula is perfect for harsh February weather.
Cailyn Cosmetics' Art Touch Lip Gloss in Love Affair is new to me, it arrived in an Ipsy Bag a few months ago. So far I'm really loving this beautiful cabernet shade. I'm currently testing Love Affair for review.
Revlon's Color Burst Balm Stain in Romantic was a favorite over the summer. I couldn't get enough of this sheer, easy to apply red. This jumbo lip crayon has a very comfortable formula that can be applied without a mirror.
Benefit BeneBalm is too cute! This tinted lip balm is more than adorable, its also very hydrating! BeneBalm provides just the slightest hint of a rosy red flush.
Revlon's Red Velvet Lip Butter is creamy and crazy pigmented, This is such a beautiful deep red, perfect for cold days. This was my go to lipstick last February as well.
Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick in Berry Ready doesn't get enough credit. This beautiful berry shade can go on quite sheer and soft, or bold and deep, depending on how many swipes you apply.
Pop Beauty Peony Petal Plump Pout is a gorgeous rosy shade with a rich, creamy formula. I just wish it lasted longer than an hour.
Maybelline's Cavair Couture Color Elixir has such a plush, glossy formula. The aubergine color is so bold and rich, one of the darkest in my collection. Caviar Couture isn't perfect though, its a little hard to apply evenly.
Viva Glam Gaga was my very first MAC product, a gift from friend and fellow blogger, Carly. This light pink lipstick has a lovely formula, its so smooth and moisturizing, though not long wearing.
Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Sex Pot is a plumping gloss with a sticky consistency. The mauvy, lilac shade is gorgeous. Unfortunately, Sex Pot can be a little uncomfortable in cold weather, making it a silly choice for this time of year. Oops.
Bare Minerals' Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss in Dare Devil  was one of my first high end lip glosses. I love this gloss, as you can see its just about empty! Dare Devil is a surprisingly wearable. sheer, purple toned berry. I also love this plumping gloss' minty tingle, which isn't at all burny.
Bare Minerals Get Ready Marvelous Moxie Lipstick is a new favorite! Wow, does this neutral rosy lipstick have a wonderful, creamy formula and finish! I'll be reviewing Get Ready very soon.





Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links/referral codes

2 comments

  1. Congrats! We have featured you on Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party. Here's the link- http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2015/02/wake-up-wednesday-linky-party-55.html

    ReplyDelete