January 2015 Ipsy Bag - Fresh Start

 I just got my first Ipsy Bag of the year. My bag arrived right on time, with all the products intact. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends out four to six cosmetic samples for $10/month, all packed up in a new bag every month.

This month, Ipsy sent out twenty one products from all different brands.

New Partnerships: Astrida Naturals, Lash Food, Probelle, Real Techniques, Velvet 59

Repeat Partnerships: Hikari Cosmetics, LA Fresh, Pacifca, Malin+Goetz, Manna Kadar. Bella Pierre, Coastal Scents, Elizabeth Mott, Hey Honey, Jouer, J,Cat, Juice Beauty, Laura Mercier, Nourish Organic, Swissco, Teadora

Click through for a look at what came in my January Ipsy Bag

 I thought I was really going to like this month's bag, but actually, its pretty ugly. This plasticy pouch has a faux woven texture, and is bright blue on one side, white on the other, with a coral zipper and lining. What is this color combination and why? I would've preferred this bag to be solidly white, than have a random white back?
 Manna Kadar Shimmer Glo Lotion 
Deluxe Sample (.27 oz)) - $8.27
Full Size (1 oz) - $29

My Thoughts:
I like trying new highlighters, and have never tried anything from Manna Kadar before. The color is pretty and the effect is sheer. I hear a lot of negative reviews for this product, so I'm not sure how this is going to work out for me.
The Claims:
"Sheer Glo is an incandescent liquid that lights up skin with all over radiance. Mix with foundation or wear alone to provide a luminous glow for all skin types. An especially amazing product for mature or dry skin. Sheer Glo provides a youthful glow and dewy finish. Use on face and/or body and get glowing."


The Offer:
20% off a purchase mannakadarcosmetics.com with code ipsy20. exp 2/28/15

 Malin+Goetz Mojito Lip Balm 
Deluxe Sample (7g) - $7.20
Full Size (10g) - $12

My Thoughts: 
I was really disappointed that I didn't received this lip balm when Ipsy sent it out last January. Seems like my patience paid off! This is the most exciting product in the bag for me. I tried it once already and like the texture and love the flavor! 

The Claims:
"Mojito Lip Balm is as soothing to the lips as it is to the senses. Flavored with (MALIN+GOETZ) Mojito, this lip balm is scientifically blended to restore and replenish. This hydrating lip gel easily integrates for daily maintenance, prevention and treatment of dry, irritated lips. Color and paraben free."

The Offer:
15% off purchase at malinandgoetz.com with code IPSY15. exp 2/28/15 

 LA Fresh Eco Beauty Good Day Moisturizer
Deluxe Sample (15ml) - $18.75
Full Size (50ml) - $40

My thoughts:
I have yet to really like a LA Fresh product, so this glorified foil packet wasn't really welcome in my bag. I'll use it, but not with much enthusiasm.

The Claims:
"This highly natural day moisturizer provides ample hydration and helps bring back a fresher & happier looking skin appearance. Made with collagen-producing peptides, super-hydrating hyaluronic acid, natural cucumber, aloe, antioxidant panthenol (Vitamin B), Vitamin C & E and a natural anti-aging botanical complex of maqui berry, licorice root, ginko leaf, grape seed and hickory bark."

The Offer:
30% off purchase at lafreshgroup.com with code IPSYJAN15. exp 2/28/15

 Pacifica Mineral Coconut Eyeshadow in Treasure 
Deluxe Sample - $2.90?
Full Size Palette - $32

My Thoughts: 
I never got to try the Pacifica eyeshadow duo sent out in May's bag last year because it arrived smashed to bits. I heard a lot of smack about that eyeshadow too, calling it dry, flaky, and unpigmented. This has to be a different formula, because the eyehadow I received is nicely pigmented and quite buttery! The shade I received is called Treasure, which is part of Pacifica's Solar Complete Color Palette and is not sold individually, which made calculating the value a struggle.

The Claims:

"An incredibly innovative formula that pushes natural makeup and mineral color to new bounds. Rich, lasting, creaseless eye shadows are infused with coconut water for a velvety, cream-like finish."

The Offer:
20% off an order at pacificabeauty.com  with code NEWBEAUTY. exp 2/28/15

Hikari Mechanical Eyeliner in Storm 
Full Size - $13

My Thoughts:
The only full size product in my bag was a disappointment. Ipsy sent out several eyeliners this month, and I got the one I wanted least. This grey eyeliner is dry and not very pigmented, I don't see myself enjoying it.

The Claims:
"The perfect mechanical eyeliner that you can smudge for a smoky look or use to define your eyes." 

The Offer:
30% off a purchase at hikaricosmetics.com with code HIKARI30. exp 2/28/15

                                                                                                         

Total Value of January 2015 Bag
$50.12


A great value for an alright bag. I like three of the five products I received. My thing with Ipsy is that I feel like I rarely get the products that I want most or would suit me best. I keep retaking the quiz, but it doesn't seem to improve the bags I get. I'm starting to be consistently underwhelmed by my bags and may cancel soon.





Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links and referral codes.

3 comments

  1. I do the same thing!!! I keep retaking it to find a better fit but it never seems to work. I think I might cancel it to be honest.

    ReplyDelete