December 2014 Ipsy Bag - Thinking of You

 This bag marks Ipsy's four year anniversary! That's crazy! I've been subscribed for 3.5 years, but for some reason it doesn't feel that long. December's bag feels pretty average for me, I'm not really excited about anything, but its a solid bag. I'm unhappy with shipping again. I got my shipping notice on the 10th, with a scheduled delivery date of December 12...and it showed up on the 15th. Not really Ipsy's fault, more of DHL's, but still annoying. Before I move on, let me explain Ipsy real quick. This is a monthly beauty subscription service that'll send you four to six products, plus a new makeup bag, every month for $10.

This month, Ipsy sent out thirteen products from ten brands.

New Partnerships: Bumble&Bumble, Coolway,

Repeat Partnerships: Beauty without Cruelty, NYX, Swissco, Pixi, Tarte, Cailyn Cosmetics, Crown Brush, Nourish Organic, Sexy Hair

Click through to see what came in my December Ipsy Bag.

 Beauty without Cruelty AHA Facial CleanserTravel Size 60ml - $2.99
Full Size 250ml - $11.95


My Thoughts:
I always like trying new cleansers, and AHAs are super beneficial to the skin, so while this sample isn't exciting, I'll definitely try it. This travel sized bottle is a great 'try-me' size, so I'll be able to get a good idea of how the product will work out for me. 

The Claims:
Beauty Without Cruelty 3% A.H.A. Facial Cleanser is a lightly-foaming, soap-free cleanser that removes dead surface skin cells, daily impurities, and excess oil without over-cleaning your skin. Nature's own alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) gently and deeply clean and actively clarify your skin without disturbing it's natural balance. Pure premium Oshadhi aroma-therapeutic essential oils tone, condition, and calm, leaving your skin clean, clear, and refreshed.

The Offer:
15% off any Beauty without Cruelty purchase with code CGWXUYET. exp 1/31/15.

Pixi Fairy Dust Eyeshadow in Brightening Bare
Full Size - $10

My Thoughts:
I love eyeshadows, and Pixi is quickly becoming one of my favorite brands, so I always welcome a new Pixi product into my collection! Brightening Bare is a gorgeous, neutral color that I think I'll get a lot of use from. Packaging, on the other hand, is chunky, unattractive, and not very functional.
The Claims:
Elevate & transform your eye in a few fairy seconds with this glimmering dust. Loose pigments add a lit-up high shine finish to lids, reminding you what wishes are truly made of! 

Perfect to use dry for a sheer effect, or wet for intense colour. The illuminating powder pigments give concentrated glow & enhancing color instantly. The mica provides dense natural pigment and the pearl powder rejuvenates & brightens.

The Offer:
20% off Pixi purchase at pixibeauty.com with code PIXIDUST. exp 1/31/15 
 NYX Butter Lip Balm in Marshmallow
Full Size - $4 


My Thoughts:
I've tried a NYX Butter Balm before, and didn't like it. I'll be passing this lip balm on. Not gonna lie, I would've preferred receiving another Butter Gloss, or one of NYX's other lip products. 

The Claims:
Dip your lips in a sheer wash of color with NYX Butter Lip Balm. One swipe leaves dry lips feeling supple and hydrated.

This Buttery Lip Balm is addictively soft and scrumptious and perfect for adding a subtle hint of color for a naturally flirtatious pout. Apply directly to bare lips or apply it over lip liner for more intense color.

The Offer:
25% off NYX Glam Collection at nyxcosmetics.com with code NYXGLITZ. exp 1/31/15

 Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
Deluxe Sample - $8.60
Full Size - $20

My Thoughts:
I haven't tried much by Tarte, but I've liked almost all of it. Their Gifted Mascara is amazing, so I have high hopes for Lights, Camera, Lashes! This product was also included in the very first Ipsy Bag in December 2010. 

The Claims:
Like a pushup bra for your lashes, tarte’s best-selling mascara lengthens, curls, volumizes and conditions to deliver a 330% increase in lash volume instantly. The high-performance formula is also infused with naturally-derived olive esters to help nourish and protect lashes.

The Offer:
20% off at tarte.com with code IPSYDEC. exp 1/8/15

Swissco Electroplated Eyelash Curler 
Full Size - $5

My Thoughts:
I already have not one, but two eyelash curlers, so I'll also be passing this product along to someone else. This lash curler is a gorgeous bright purple - it would make a cute gift!

The Claims:
High quality, durable eyelash curler firmly catches each lash at the root for beautifully lifted and intense curls. Round shaped curve ensures that you get the perfect curl while preventing pinching.

No Offer
                                                                            
Total Value of December's Bag:
$30.59

Not a super high value bag, but I liked it's contents for the most part. I'll be passing on the NYX Butter Balm and Swissco Lash Curler, but I'll definitely use and enjoy the cleanser, mascara, and pigment.

Comment and tell me what you received in your December Ipsy Bag. 







Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links and referral codes.

1 comment