Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water Review

Garnier has brought micellar water to the drugstore with their new Micellar Cleansing Water. This cleansing water "removes makeup, cleanses, and soothes skin on the face, eyes, and lips in one step without needing to rinse off." Often touted as a dupe for the cult classic BioDerma, but for a fraction of the price, I knew I had to try it! For just $12AUD, you get a whopping 400ml (13.5fl oz), enough for 200 uses, according to Garnier. Unfortunately, Garnier is not cruelty free. This cleansing water was made in Poland. 

Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water comes in a chunky, clear plastic bottle, topped with a pink pour spout. The Garnier logo, product name, and a few claims grace the front label. The label on the back of the bottle offer a FAQ about micellar water, directions, and an ingredient list. I wish this bottle had a pump dispenser like BioDerma, but its still functional just the way it is. Packaging is recyclable.

Before I talk how Garnier's Micellar Water works, I'd like to touch on what micellar water is. I'm going to keep this short and sweet. Micellar water contains ~micelles~, little oil molecules that are suspended in a water base. Unlike a dual phase product, micellar water doesn't need to be shaken to be effective.

I don't know what to say about Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water other than its perfect and I love it This stuff is so easy to use - you pour a bit onto a cotton, pad, hold it over your (closed) eye for about 20 seconds, and wipe. Essentially every trace of your makeup will be gone, and what's left will be taken care of with just one more swipe. While no rinsing is required, I still recommend it, as I find Garmier's micellar water ever so slightly drying if I don't give my face a quick splash after use. If you choose not to rinse this cleansing water away, it'll evaporate off the skin fully in no time.That's typically not a problem for me, since I always cleanse after removing my makeup anyway. This incredibly effective makeup remover can wash away even the most stubborn wateproof products. The formula of this makeup remover is exceptionally gentle, you can get it straight in your eye without any burning or stinging, making it a great choice for sensitive skin or eyes. Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water is great for all skin types, as it isn't stripping, nor oily, it looks and feels just like water on the skin. Because of it's non-oily, no-rinse-needed, quick drying formula, Garnier's micellar water is awesome for correcting mistakes during application, or touch ups on the go.

There's not a whole lot to say about Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water. Its a simple and extremely effective product at an affordable price point. This fragrance free cleansing water will remove every trace of your makeup without fail. And for the other bloggers out there - this stuff is ace for removing swatches. I can't recommend Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water enough. I'm going to stockplie this stuff before I go back to America - two or three bottles at least. I can only hope this cleansing water makes it's way to the States soon, because I won't be able to live without it. 


Ingredients:
Aqua / Water, Hexylene Glycol, Glycerin, Poloxamer 184, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Disodium Edta, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. (b162919/2).

1 comment