Urban Decay Perversion Mascara Review

Urban Decay expanded their Perversion collection to include a mascara! "Bigger. Blacker. Badder. Urban Decay's ultra-creamy, lengthening and volumizing mascara features triple-black pigments and a deeply nourishing ingredient blend. Perversion Mascara gets you sexy in one stroke, yet it won’t quit until you say when." This brand new mascara contains 12ml (.04 oz) and sells for $22 a tube. There's currently a set that includes a Subversion Mascara Primer sample for the same price if you wanna get a nice two-for-one deal. I received a deluxe sample of the Perversion Mascara in a recent Ipsy Bag. Urban Decay is a cruelty free brand. This mascara was made in Italy.

 Urban Decay's Perversion Mascara has awesome packaging! This mascara comes in a shiny, gunmetal colored tube with the UD logo and product name printed on it in lilac lettering. The design manages to look both posh and edgy at once. Unfortunately, packaging is not recyclable.
 This mascara's brush is surprisingly basic. About an inch long, this brush features evenly spaced, densely packed traditional bristles. The slightly rounded tip does tend to collect a little bit of excess product, but that's easily cleaned off. As a whole, I find this mascara wand easy to use on both my top and bottom lashes, though it can be a little tricky to get into my inner corners.
 I haven't loved Urban Decay's mascaras in the past, so my hopes weren't high for the Perversion Mascara. To say this mascara exceeded my expectations would be an understatement - I love this mascara! The formula is neither too wet nor too dry. In two coats, Perversion delivers deep, jet black lashes while lengthening the lashes significantly. I don't feel as though this high end mascara does much for volumizing or separating my lashes, but that's fine, the length and bold black color provide enough impact for me. Though the Perversion Mascara isn't technically waterproof, it behaves a lot like one. This mascara holds a curl pretty well. I get very good wear from Perversion, it never smudges and rarely flakes. Removing this mascara can be hard, but a micellar water or cleansing oil can usually get the job done.
[3  coats]
Urban Decay's Perversion Mascara is awesome. The packaging is gorgeous, and the brush, though basic, is easy to work with. The formula works very well for me. Its pitch black and quite lengthening. By the way, Perversion Mascara is a great layering mascara - it works really well with my beloved CoverGirl Clump Crusher. This mascara is long wearing and dependable. This mascara is great, I love it and I'm so happy I got to try it. I think I might treat myself to a full sized tube of the Perversion Mascara. If you want long, insanely dark lashes and don't mind dropping $20+ on a beautifully packaged mascara - do try Urban Decay's Perversion Mascara. 



Ingredients:
aqua (water/eau), synthetic beeswax, acacia senegal gum, stearic acid, palmitic acid, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax (cera carnauba/cire de carnuba), butylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, polybutene, vp/ eicosene copolymer, aminomethyl propanol, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, sodium dehydroacetate, potassium sorbate, hydroxyethylcellulose, soluble collagen, myristic acid, arachidic acid, behenic acid, glycerin, propylene glycol, oleic acid, mel (honey/miel) extract, sodium pca, hydrolyzed elastin, glycogen, serine. [+/- (may contain/peut contenir): ci 77499 (iron oxides)]

Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links/referral codes.

1 comment