Maybelline Weekend Bronze Master Bronze Review+Swatches

 Maybelline's new, limited edition Master Bronze Face Studio Bronzing Powders are a line of matte bronzers that came out with the Bleached Neon collection earlier this summer. I've seen very little buzz about these bronzers in the blogging community. Maybelline says the Master Bronze bronzers are "expertly designed for a natural sunkissed hue that is perfect for all over bronzing. The matte finish is ideal to control excess shine and give you naturally bronzed perfection." This bronzer is available in two shades, my post features Weekend Bronze. These bronzers contain 9.5 grams (.34 oz) and sells for about $7.99. Maybelline is not cruelty free. This product was made in the USA.

 Maybelline's Master Bronze Face Studio Bronzers come in a black plastic compact with a clear flip top. The Maybelline logo and product name are printed on the lid. Application tips and a full ingredient list can be found on the back label. Packaging doesn't seem to be recyclable.
 Maybelline's Master Bronze Bronzing Powders have a woven design pressed into the powder. This attractive detail seems to be the trademark of the Face Studio line. This bronzer has a nice, soft, finely milled texture that kicks up very little excess powder. This powder is easily picked up with a brush. Maybelline's bronzer blends seamlessly into the skin. I get good wear from Weekend Bronze, it lasts about seven hours on me before it fades away. This bronzing powder smells slightly plastic-y to me.
 Weekend Bronze is a light, peach tinged tan shade. Maybelline calls this bronzer matte, but I can spy some small flecks of shimmer in the power. On the skin, Weekend Bronze has a satin finish that's very flattering and natural looking. Maybelline's Weekend Bronze is nicely pigmented, not too strong or too sheer. Because this bronzer is so light, and not quite matte, its better suited to all over bronzing as opposed to contouring.
Maybelline's Master Bronze by Face Studio in Weekend Bronze isn't the best bronzer I've ever tried, but it is pretty nice. The texture of this powder is quite nice, it blends beautifully onto the skin. Weekend Bronze is a warm, sandy tan with a satin finish that gives skin a natural, sunny glow. If you can find this limited edition bronzer at your local drugstore (or will be placing an Ulta order soon), Maybelline's Weekend Bronzer is worth picking up. I feel like this is a product I'll get a lot of use from. Its a shame, and a surprise, that there wasn't much said about this bronzer when it was brand new, and probably easier to track down. 



Ingredients:
Talc, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Magnesium Stearate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Nylon 12, Caprylyl Glycol

May Contain:
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides 

Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me. This post contains an affiliated link/referral code

2 comments

  1. No stores around me got the bleached neon collection, which is kinda good for my wallet but I'm kinda bummed, I only wanted the color whisper in pink poppy (I think that's the name) but I know I woulda bought some color elixers I didn't need lol
    Sucks the bronzers kinda blah :/

    ReplyDelete