Maybelline Gleaming Coral Crystal Baby Lips Review+Swatches

 Maybelline's new Crystal Baby Lips provide "clinical care + a kiss of shimmer. Give lips just the right amount of tint, shimmer, and moisture for up to 8 hours." This permanent collection of shimmery Baby Lips balms is comprised of six shades, my review features Gleaming Coral. Crystal Baby Lips contain 4.4 grams (.15 oz) and sell for about $4. Maybelline is not cruelty free. This lip balm was made in the USA.


 Maybelline's Crystal Baby Lips Lip Balms come in round, soft pink twist tubes. The clear caps feature a clear label with iridescent, shimmery spots. The beloved Baby Lips logo is printed on Gleaming Coral's label in bright orange letters. The shade name and number are also printed on the side of the label. The cap snaps on firmly, locking the twist mechanism. Maybelline's Baby Lips packaging is sturdy and travel friendly. Packaging is not recyclable.
 I've tried and reviewed many Baby Lips in the past and have loved them all. However, I wasn't sure how the addition of shimmer would affect the formula - turns out it doesn't, really. The Crystal Baby Lips feel ever so slightly gritty during application, but once on the lips, they have the same lightweight, silky feel I've come to expect. The Baby Lips formula is moderately hydrating, and quite soothing for my oft chapped lips, helping them heal in just a couple days. I tend to reapply Baby Lips roughly every three or fours hours. Unfortunately, Gleaming Coral, and the rest of the Crystal line do not have any SPF.
 I picked up Gleaming Coral in the hope that it'd be a dupe, or at least similar to, Coral Crush, a long gone limited edition shade that I adore. Unfortunately, it isnt, but the shade is quite nice. Gleaming Coral is a soft, sheer, pink based coral with small flecks of silver shimmer. This lip balm's finish is both shimmery and glossy - though the glitter isn't very apparent from a distance. Gleaming Coral's color lasts about an hour and a half. This balm has a sweet orange scent and flavor.
I like Maybelline's Crystal Baby Lips formula more than I expected. I really thought this formula would be grittier than it is, and not as moisturizing. However, its just as smooth and moisturizing as any other Baby Lips. The light, shimmering coral shade is flattering and easy to wear (though I wish it was a little more orange based!). The orange flavor is pretty tasty too! I love Maybelline's Baby Lips and recommend them in any form (except Dr. Rescue). I want to pick up Twinkling Taupe from this collection too! Have you tried Maybelline's Crystal Baby Lips? If not, you should!


Ingredients:
Octyldodecanol, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Myristate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Diisostearyl Malate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Candelilla Cera (Candelilla Wax), VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Alumina, Flavor, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Mel (Honey), Centella Asiatica Extract, Linalool, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Dimethicone, Fragrance, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 7 (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Mica, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470)

3 comments

  1. I bought one in pink quartz to try, and I like it alot more than I thought I would! I saw some swatches that made them look like nothing but frost but that's not right on the lips. Rite aid has maybelline on sale spend $10 get 6+up rewards back (but they retail for like 4.49) but still...if they don't get that new foundation in I think I'll get more of these...and the purple electro babylips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I thought the glitter would be too intense too, but unless someone's right up in your face, they're just gonna see a nice gloss. And hell yeah to the purple Electro Baby Lips, I'm a big fan but I lost mine. ;_;

      Delete
  2. Is still a pretty close comparison

    ReplyDelete