L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara Review

 L'Oreal's Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara was a super popular, Asia exclusive mascara that finally arrived in the States a couple months back. L'Oreal says the Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara has a "Mega Impact Formula" that "instantly builds oversized volume in a flash. Top lashes are amplified and bottom lashes are maximized for the ultimate wide eyed, manga look." This anime inspired mascara is available in both waterproof and washable formulas, my review features the latter. L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara contains 8ml (.28 oz) and sells for about $8. L'Oreal is not cruelty free. This product was made in America.

 This mascara has super cute packaging! The cardboard backing features manga style pandas (?) with bold lashes. Product claims and a description, application tips, and a full ingredient list are provided on the back. This mascara comes in a black tube with a metallic violet cap. The product name is written across the tube. Miss Manga's brush is interesting. The wand has a flexible elbow near the brush that causes the brush to bounce during application. I found it awkward to use, but not too hard to work around. The brush is conical and quite pointed. The traditional bristles are quite erratically spaced and uneven in length. Packaging is not recyclable.
L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara has a slightly wet formula that provides an interesting result. This mascara aims to give you intense, spiky, anime style eyelashes - and it does. Miss Manga does next to nothing when it comes to length, at least on my top lashes (though it makes my lower lashes look extra long). L'Oreal's Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara really thickens the base of the my lashes, while separating the tips in some places, and binding them together in others. Overall, Miss Manga gives the look of chunky, spiky, sometimes clumpy lashes. Not exactly "manga" lashes, but this mascara can built statement lashes in just two coats. L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara holds a curl very well. I've had mixed wear with this mascara, for the most part Miss Manga wears well, but I've noticed some flaking from time to time. I haven't been able to put my finger on what causes the occasional poor wear. This mascara removes easily with cleanser or makeup remover. 
I like L'Oreal's Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara. This was my first L'Oreal mascara, and now I'm kinda pumped to try more. I'm not opposed to the clumpy lash look, so I like the effect this mascara gives. Those that prefer separated lashes, or a more natural lash look will not like Miss Manga at all. I like the packaging, and the brush, but the bouncy, bendy wand was strange to me. I find myself reaching for Miss Manga quite often - I think I'll end up repurchasing it (an increasingly rare occurrence for me when it comes to mascara). If you want bold, sometimes spidery lashes, L'Oreal's Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara is an affordable choice. 


Ingredients:
Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Steareth 2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Sodium Hyaluronate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Panthenol, Silica, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, May Contain (+/-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470), Mica

Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me.

1 comment