July 2014 Ipsy Bag - Sensationally Sunkissed

I just got my July Ipsy Bag in the mail. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that sends out 4-6 deluxe sample and full size beauty products for just ten bucks. This month Ipsy sent out 21 products from nineteen brands.

Can I just say that shipping was horrendous this month? This is the latest Ipsy bag I've ever received in my 25 months of subscribing. I got my shipping information over a week ago, but my bag just sat in the DHL Hub in Kentucky for 5 days.

New Partnerships: Clear Clinic Labratories, Models Own, BeFine Food Skin Care, Lavilin, Lord+Berry, Marrakesh Hair Care, Pür Minerals, wHet Nails,

Repeat Partnerships: Bare Minerals, Elizabeth Mott, Pur-Lisse, Benefit, Derma E, Faith Aromatherapy, Hang Ten, Pixi, Pop Beauty, Sexy Hair, Nailtini,

Click through to see what came in this month's bag!
 July's bag is kinda lame, in my opinion. A bright pink, waterproof, square bag with a scalloped edge. The zipper is quite smooth. The scalloped edge is flimsy and starting to detach on one end. The interior is a soft, white material.
 Models Own Nail Polish in Red Sea - Full Size - $8.55 
I've always wanted to try a Models Own nail polish, so I was pleased to find the Red Sea polish from the Splash collection in my bag. This polish is a bright red jelly polish with flaky glitter. I'm going to apply this on my toes as soon as I'm done with this post. 


The Claims:
Each polish contains five different chunky hand-cut glittery flakes that are guaranteed to glisten, sparkle and refract the light. ipsy subscribers who receive this product will receive Red Sea, a wave of energetic fuchsia-red.

No Offer

Pur-Lisse SPF 30 Daily Moisturizer - 15ml Sample - $16.50 (Full Size 50ml/$55)
Eh, this seems like a basic moisturizer with SPF. The size of the sample is nice, and its something I'll use, but I'm not particularly excited about it. Subscribers either received this product, or a tanning oil, so I'm thankful that I received this product instead.

The Claims:
Stay protected with pure flower power. Pur~lisse's unique peptide complex, Lotus Lupine 5, and Hydra-Shield Complex, offers superior full-spectrum sun protection in a light weight nourishing moisturizer. Skin is pampered and protected against premature aging caused by the day's rays.


The Offer:
30% any purchase at purlisse.com with code IPSYSUMMER30. exp. 8/15/14
Clear Clinic Laboratories Clear Spot Treatment - 2ml Sample - $9.33 (Full Size 7.5ml/$35)
 Not the biggest or most exciting sample in July's bag, but a useful one. I've been breaking out and suffering from a case of ~gross face~ for about a month, so I'm looking forward to trying Clear Clinic Lab's spot treatment. Fingers crossed that it works.

The Claims:
An on-the-go clear spot treatment specially formulated with menthol, glycolic and salicylic acids. Apply this potent spot treatment to quickly clear blemishes in record time. Thanks to its clear formulation, you can use Vanished during the day, under and over makeup. Its compact bottle makes it easy to take with you wherever you go.

The Offer:
20% off purchase at clearcliniclabs.com with code IPSY20. exp 8/15/14

 Elizabeth Mott Tints&Sass - Cherry - Full Size - $22.99
By far the most exciting product in the bag for me, Elizabeth Mott's Tints&Sass (what a cheeky name) is a BeneTint style lip and cheek stain with adorable packaging and a yummy cherry flavor. This tint is way more pigmented than I expected it to be. 


The Claims:
All day color that will kick some SASS! That’s right, we said it. Tints & Sass is the only head turning lip and cheek stain that gives you fail proof color every time! The non-drying formula lasts all day, even after a power lunch and yoga session, and was created to accommodate every second of a gal's busy schedule. The gentle and lightweight formula feels like it's barely there, unlike heavy lipsticks and rouges. The soft tipped applicator makes it ridiculously easy to swipe onto lips and the apples of the cheeks, creating a natural yet unforgettably sexy glow.

The Offer:
BOGO Same Items on elizabethmott.com with code IPSYTINT. exp 9/1/14

Bare Minerals 5-in1 BB Cream Eyeshadow - Barely Nude - 1ml sample - $5.50 (Full size 3ml/$18)
This sample is...minuscule. Wow this is tiny. I'm not a big cream shadow person to be honest, but I'm warming up to them, so I'm more than willing to try this BB Cream Eyeshadow, but I'm not sure how many uses I'll get out of such a small sample. I received the shade Barely Nude, which is pretty much the same color as my skintone. The shade Divine Wine was also sent out

The Claims:
Meet the next generation in eyeshadow: creamy, long-wearing color meets exceptional skincare benefits and broad spectrum SPF protection. Chock-full of skin-loving ingredients, this breakthrough product delivers 5 benefits in one luxurious formula: 

1.) 12-hour long-wearing color 
2.) Super-charged primer 
3.) Powerful brightening benefits 
4.) Smoothes fine lines 
5.) Protects with SPF

The Offer:
Free shipping from Ulta.com with any Bare Minerals purchase with code IPSYBAREFS. exp 8/10/14

                                                                                                                 
I'm neither let down or excited about my July Ipsy Bag. The value, over $60, is outstanding. However, a lot of awesome products were sent out this month, and aside from the Elizabeth Mott Tints&Sass, I didn't receive any of the ones I wanted. That's the chance you take with subscriptions like Ipsy, though. 


Total Value of July's Bag:
$62.87

Comment and tell me what you got in your July GlamBag
+
Keep an eye out for new IpsyPoints rewards, I try to update on all of them. 





Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links and referral codes.

1 comment