Benefit Dr. Feelgood Mattifying Complexion Balm Review

 Benefit's Dr. Feelgood is a Complexion Balm that will "mattify shine" and "leaves skin feeling silky soft. Fabulous for mid-day touch ups. This makeup artist fab can be worn alone, under, or on top of makeup. Contains Vitamins A,C,&E to help smooth away the appearance of fine lines. Pat and smooth over makeup with it's accompanying sponge." This mattifying primer is available in two sizes, a 8 gram (.28 oz) travel size that costs $9, and 24 gram (.85 oz) full size that sells for $31. I have the smaller of the two. Benefit does not test on animals. This complexion balm was made in America.

 The Dr. Feelgood Complexion Balm comes in a round metal tin. A label with a kissing couple and the product name is affixed to the top of the twist cap. A product description and application directions can be found on the back label. This tin can be difficult to open. Once you manage to get it open, you'll find a small sponge for applying Dr. Feelgood. Packaging does not seem to be recyclable.
 Benefit's Dr. Feelgood Mattifying Complexion Balm is a thick, waxy, off white balm. This primer has a surprisingly dry texture that makes it difficult to apply in an even layer, whether I use my fingers or the included sponge. Like any good primer, Dr. Feelgood masks the appearance of pores. However, the dry consistency clings to dry patches and other textural issues, enhancing them instead of helping to hide them. This dry primer doesn't seem to increase the longevity of my foundations, though it does help to control oil. I'm not a fan of applying mattifying balms over my makeup, so I can't comment on how well it functions for that purpose. Unfortunately, I've experienced a fair amount of clogged pores that I'm pretty sure were caused by Dr. Feelgood. This primer has a strong, cologne like scent that I find off putting.
I'm not into Benefit's Dr. Feelgood Mattifying Complexion Balm. The texture is dry and thick, it can be a struggle to work with. Dr. Feelgood does control oil and smooths over pores, but it can also accentuate dryness and blemishes, and may clog pores. I'll try to finish off my tiny tin of mattifying primer, but I wouldn't repurchase or recommend Benefit's Dr. Feelgood. 


Ingredients:
C orn Starch Modified, Diethylene Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isosteryl Meopentanoate, Silica, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Diethylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobili) Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Ascorbyl Palmitate.

Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me. 

3 comments

  1. Dr Feelgood doesn't Dr dogood

    ReplyDelete
  2. How the heck can I get the tin open????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to hold the tin in one hand, and twist while pulling the cap upward. It is really difficult to open, I hope this method works for you. If not, maybe try a textured dish towel or something similar to give you more grip.

      Delete