Avene Eau Thermale Thermal Spring Water Spray Review

Avene says their Eau Thermale Spring Water Spray, which is "packaged on the actual site of the spring", is "gradually infused with trace elements and silicates, achieving a perfectly balanced mineral composition, ideal for sensitive skin." Avene makes some big claims about this multi-tasking product - saying that it can do anything from refresh the skin, to sooth sunburn and diaper rash, to set makeup (but also remove it?). Avene offers three sizes, 50ml ($9), 157ml ($12.50), and 313ml ($18). I received the smallest size in my May Ipsy Bag. Avene is not cruelty free. This facial mist was made in France. 


 Avene's Thermal Spring Water Spray comes in a white aerosol can. The front of the can features the Avene logo and product name. The back of the can offers the ingredient (there's just one), and plenty of product information and claims. The spray nozzle releases a fine mist of water. Packaging is recyclable.
There isn't too much to say about this product, but I compiled a list of claims made by both Avene and this product's dedicated users, and tested this spray against the claims. Then I made a chart!

As you can see, I've come to the conclusion, after reading the ingredient 'list' and extensive testing, that this is just plain old water, pressurized in a can.Yes, it can be a refreshing spray, but not too much else. Oh, and also, my sister in law, who is an RN and mother of three, says you shouldn't use this on diaper rash, as it'll probably make it worse. I don't recommend Avene's Eau Thermale Thermal Spring Water Spray. 



Ingredients:
Water, Nitrogen

Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links/referral code.

5 comments

  1. I got this in my Ipsy bag and I just don't even know what to do with it, hahahaa I'll bring it with me to the beach I think maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be nice for cooling down after the beach. =D

      Delete
  2. Ha! I saw this review on my feed and had to read it. I received it in my IPSY bag too and was kinda eh. I did think it was refreshing but like you said.. it is water in a can.

    Take Care,
    Mandy Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the post and agree. :3

      Delete