Pond's Luminous Finish BB Cream Review (Light)

 Pond's Luminous Finish BB Cream was "created with Tone Perfecting Complex. It works by targeting the source of dark spots on your skin's surface - visibly fading them for a difference you can see. It also delivers a special pigment system designed to blend flawlessly into a variety of skin tones and immediately conceal imperfections with natural looking coverage". This BB Cream offers SPF 15 sun protection while being non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. This BB Cream is available in just two shades, I'm reviewing the lighter of the two. Pond's Luminous Finish BB Cream contains 45ml/1.5 fl oz and retails for around ten dollars. Pond's is not cruelty free. This product was made in the USA.

 The Luminous Finish BB Cream has attractive packaging in my opinion. Outer packaging is is a white cardboard box that offers plenty of product, a drug fact chart, and ingredient list. Pond's BB Cream comes in a flat, pink and white squeeze tube. The front of the tube features the Pond's logo and product name. The back of the tube offers application directions. Removing the large silver cap reveals a white nozzle dispenser that lets out just the right amount of product every time. Packaging does not seem to be recyclable.
 I've never tried anything from Pond's before, and to be honest, I was never very interested in the brand until I heard all the (rightfully deserved) hype about this product. Compared to the other BB creams I've tried, Pond's is on the thick side. The consistency and coverage level are more like that of a light foundation than a tinted moisturizer. Pond's Luminous Finish BB Cream is easy to apply and blends into the skin nicely with fingers. Luminous Finish is the perfect name for this product, it perfectly describes this tinted moisturizer's finish. The lovely, dewy finish is complimented by light but slightly buildable, natural looking coverage. This BB cream's formula is fairly moisturizing, I wouldn't depend on it as a moisturizer though. I get passable wear from Pond's Luminous Finish BB Cream - six hours on it's own, seven if set with a powder. Be sure to carry blotting powder or papers with you, as this BB is prone to oil breakthrough. The Luminous Finish BB Cream is strongly fragranced, which is apparently quite common among Pond's products.
 Light is a decent match for me a little too dark, but still wearable. This is a light, neutral beige shade. Shade selection is kinda pitiful, excluding everyone outside of the the light-medium range.
Pond's Luminous Finish B Cream is alright. For a BB Cream, you get decent coverage with a lovely dewy finish. Wear is good but could be better. The value of this product is good, you get 15ml more than the average amount of foundation for a fair price. Would I repurchase it? Maybe, if I could get a deal on it. I think this BB Cream is worth trying if you fit into the limited shade range, its above average compared to the other BB creams and tinted moisturizers I've tried. 




Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.49%, Sunscreen), Zinc Oxide (5.12%, Sunscreen)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Titanium Dioxide, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Potassium Chloride, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Allantoin, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Tocopherol, Bisabolol, Cholesterol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Sucrose Distearate, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Dimethicone, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)


Disclosure:
This product was sent to me by FreeBeautyEvents.com in exchange for promoting their website. My opinion on this product was not influenced by Free Beauty Events or Pond's.

9 comments

  1. I do really like this bb cream. It keeps my skin super hydrated. The only thing I don't like is I have to mix light and medium.

    Take Care,
    Mandy Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! Hopefully Pond's will expand the color selection.

      Delete
  2. Wow your skin looks super flawless in that picture! It's a shame about the shade range though.. oh wells. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been good lately, thanks for noticing =D

      Delete
  3. I've been looking for a BB cream that will suite my fair skin and this looks like it will do nicely. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Let me know if you like it!

      Delete
  4. I usually ignore Western BB creams, but I might need to give this a go! I assumed that this would be like the rest, so I just always ignored it!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ignore most BBs too, I'm just not about it (except Maybelline Dream Fresh). This is much different, in a good way!

      Delete
  5. Much comments on this post =o

    ReplyDelete