Organix Quenched Sea Mineral Moisture Shampoo+Conditioner Review

 Organix says their new Sea Mineral Moisture hair care line can "quench dry, damaged hair with this nutrient rich blend of hydrating sea minerals, along with healing algae to wrap split ends in repairing moisture, while supercharged sea kelp transforms dry, brittle hair into soft, supple perfection." There are four products in this collection - today I'm reviewing both the shampoo and conditioner. Each bottle contains 385ml (13 fl oz) and sell for around $8 each. Organix, recently renamed OGX after some controversy (and a legal battle), products are available at drugstores and major retailers in the US, Canada, and Australia. Organix does not test on animals. These products were made in the USA.

 I've been attracted to Organix' packaging for years. The Sea Mineral Moisture line comes in a oval shaped, semi-opaque, aqua plastic bottles. As cute as the shape is, I find that it makes it difficult to squeeze out product. The product name and description are printed on the front of the bottle. More information, directions, and ingredients can be found on the back of the recyclable bottles.
 Organix Sea Mineral Moisture Shampoo is formulated with a "unique blend of sulfate free surfactants for stress free hair." While its true that this pearlescent blue shampoo does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate, it still contains sodium c 14-16 olefin sulfonate, which research leads me to believe can be nearly as damaging as SLS. (feel free to offer me more information if necessary) This is a low lathering shampoo that rinses out easily. This shampoo cleans my hair nicely, while playing nice with my henna colored hair. I've been using this hair care line for about 5 weeks and have experienced no color stripping.
 The Sea Mineral Moisture Conditioner is a light blue, airy, gel cream. This conditioner spreads through the hair easily, I don't need much at all. Organix suggests leaving this conditioner in for between three to five minutes, I tend to keep it in for five to seven. This conditioner is great for helping to detangle my knotty hair. On top of that, it seems to be adequately moisturizing. Rinsing is easily, and my hair feels silky smooth after use.
 Organix Sea Mineral Moisture line has a strong, oceanic scent. It has a green, algae like aspect to it. The fragrance is unique and definitely unisex, though it probably isn't everyone's cup of tea. This shampoo and conditioner's scent lingers for a couple hours after use.
I like Organix' Sea Mineral Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner. They definitely get the job done. The shampoo keeps my hair clean for two to three days at a time, without being drying or affecting my color. The conditioner assists in detangling. Together, the Sea Mineral Moisture line keeps my hair satiny and smelling like the sea. I don't believe I'll repurchase this hair care duo, but I'll finish it off. 



Shampoo Ingredients:WATER (AQUA), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Deep Sea Minerals, Green Algae, Sea Kelp, Albumen, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Glycol Stearate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-6, Polyquaternium-10, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Tetrasodium Edta, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

Disclosure:
These products were gifted to me.

3 comments

  1. I've always been a huge Organix fan! I will definitely try this one out just because of curiosity ;)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you liek the colour n.n

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard a lot about this shampoo, but trust me dear I use alterna shampoo which is really good for my hairs. You know this shampoo is really good for my colored hairs too, and my color stays for long time.

    ReplyDelete