Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara Review


Make Up For Ever's Smokey Extravagant Mascara "delivers long lasting wear with no clumping in one stroke. Using 4D technology, an exclusive microdefining wax complex envelops the lash surface in ultrablack pigments for far away impact and up close precision. The dual purpose, cone shaped brush has a precision tip that separates lashes as the rounded base creates extravagant volume from any distance." This mascara contains .23 oz and retails for $24 at Sephora. I received a deluxe sample of this mascara as part of Sephora's annual birthday gift. Make Up For Ever is not cruelty free. This mascara was made in France.

 Make Up For Ever's packaging is very minimalistic, and Smokey Extravagant's packaging is no exception. This mascara comes in a plain black plastic tube. The brand logo and product name are printed on the tube in white letters. Packaging does not appear to be recyclable. Smokey Extravagant has a conical brush with evenly spaced, traditional bristles. The brush, about an inch long, comes to a rounded point. Smokey Extravagant's brush is pretty easy to use on both top and bottom lashes.
 Make Up For Ever's Smokey Extravagant Mascara is a solid mascara, but I can't say it gives me particularly ~extravagant~ results. Neither too wet nor too dry, this high end mascara applies smoothly and holds a curl wonderfully well. MUFE's mascara doesn't do much for me in the length department, but it gives me great volume. This mascara is awesome for the lower lashes, it gives great definition without being too heavy. Smokey Extravagant is available in one shade, Black, and boy is it black, its much darker than my photo below shows. This Make Up For Ever mascara wears well on me, it doesn't flake on me, though I've encountered the occasional lower lash smudge. As far as I know, this mascara is not waterproof, but it can be a struggle to remove - even with an oil based remover!
Make Up For Ever's Smokey Extravagant Mascara has proven to be a good every day mascara for me, as well as a good introduction to the brand. The pointy, cone shaped brush is easy to work with. Though Smokey Extravagant gives me very little length, it makes up for it by holding my curl and giving me full, jet black lashes. This mascara wears nicely. I wouldn't purchase a full size of this mascara - its just too expensive for my taste. That being said, if you have room in your budget and doesn't require a ton of length from your mascara, Make Up For Ever's Smokey Extravagant may be worth splurging on.



Ingredients:
Water, Paraffin, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Polybutene, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Algin, Hydrolyzed Rhodophycea Extract, BHT, Serine, A13301/01.

Disclosure:
This post contains an affiliated link

1 comment