Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge Review

 Real Techniques says their new Miracle Complexion Sponge will "optimize your beauty routin with this 3-in-1 multi-functional sponge." Sponges are my favorite tool for applying liquid foundation and concealer, and I'm a big fan of Real Techniques, so I was super excited when I first got wind of this sponge. The Miracle Complexion Sponge is commonly called a dupe for the Beauty Blender. Real Techniques' foundation sponge retails for around $6. This product was made in China.

 The Miracle Complexion Sponge is a uniquely shaped light orange sponge that I believe to me made of polyurethane or a similar material. This sponge is two inches long and about an inch thick. Real Techniques' Miracle Complexion sponge has three separate panels:
  • "Round sides blend large areas of the face with a repeated dabbing or stippling motion"
  • "Precision tip covers blemishes and imperfections."
  • "Flat edge for the contours around the eyes and nose."
I really love the variety of surface shapes! The pointed tip is awesome for apply concealer into the inner covers of my eyes, as well as any targeted areas. The flat edge is, as promised, perfect for applying product to the under eye and the sides of my nose. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge is super soft and squishy, yet it has just a little bit of firmness to it. When used wet (as it should be), this foundation sponge expands to nearly twice the size. The Miracle Complexion Sponge doesn't absorb too much product during application - much less than the similar sponges I've used. Real Techniques' sponge applies foundation beautifully, patting it into the skin seamless, resulting in a skin-like finish. Real Techniques recommends washing the Miracle Complexion Sponge every one to three uses. This sponge washes easily with gentle dish or hand soaps, although it does stain. This sponge dries quickly.
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge is great! The unique shape and soft texture makes application of any liquid or cream foundation easy to apply. This sponge provides a flawless finish. This sponge is good quality - it washes well and still looks and feels good as new (aside from some stains) after a month of use. I would certainly repurchase and recommend Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge.




Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me. This post contains an affiliated link.

5 comments

  1. Man these techniques are so real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my sponge. It is amazing! I too love having different shapes on it.

    Take Care,
    Mandy Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... I'm in love with the brushes so I will def have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete