EcoTools Pure Complexion Konjac Sponge Review

 EcoTools says their brand new Pure Complexion Sponges are "handmade with 100 percent natural ingredients, including Konjac vegetable fiber, for a better clean that reveals smooth, refreshed skin. It is dermatologist tested for use both morning and night to wash away dirt, oil and makeup, leaving skin glowing without over-drying or causing redness." EcoTools offers two varieties of their konjac sponge - my review features the Sensitive Pure Complexion Sponge. EcoTools' konjac sponge sells for around $6. This cleansing tool was made in Korea.

 [Dry Sponge]
EcoTools Pure Complexion Facial Sponge comes in a recycled cardboard box that's covered in product information. The EcoTools konjac sponge is a white, tear shaped sponge. I was kinda scared of this sponge the first time I used it, it was super rough and hard - I thought it was gonna hurt. Once wet, EcoTools konjac becomes super soft and squishy, barely abrasive at all, it feels like a very soft washcloth. I definitely feel like this sponge helps me cleanse more thoroughly - makeup comes off with less effort and and the residue from my cleansing oil comes off easier. Since I've been using a konjac sponge, I've been breaking out less and my skin feels quite a bit softer. But what's my favorite benefit of this cleansing tool? I can use way less cleanser, as this sponge helps any cleanser foam up like nobody's business. 
[wet sponge]
 There are a few downsides to this sponge though. Its difficult to rinse this konjac sponge thoroughly. This sponge takes a while to dry, putting it at risk for mold and bacterial growth. EcoTools suggests replacing your Pure Complexion Facial Sponge every 1 to 3 - but it seems like it'll last no longer than six weeks. I've been using my konjac sponge for four to five weeks and its torn and is starting to fall apart - I probably only have a few uses left.
[Click to enlarge]
I quite like EcoTools Pure Complexion Facial Sponge. It helps me cleanse more effectively, yet still very gently. This sponge is delicate and will need to be replaced often. This konjac sponge was interesting to try, I'm pretty sure I'll repurchase it. If you're on the market for a new cleansing tool that won't break the bank, I recommend EcoTools' konjac sponge. 


Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me.

4 comments

  1. I have the "normal" grey one and I honestly hate using it for traditional cleansing. It just feels like I'm trying to scrub with a half deflated balloon and I get nothing out of it. HOWEVER it is amazeballs for rinsing. After I'm done with my cleansing oil or cleanser, I soak that bad boy and start using it to gently sponge everything off and I adore it for that. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how much of a texture difference there is between the two sponge types. I was using this to rinse for a while too, and I agree that its awesome for that purpose!

      Delete