Bdellium Tools Green Bambu 769 Angled Contour Brush Review

 Bdellium Tools, a professional brush brand based in Southern California, says their 769 Angled Contour Brush will "create precise color accents and highlights on the inner and outer corners of the eye." This uniquely shaped eye brush sells for $11, I bought mine as part of Bdellium's Smokey Eye Set at Sydney IMATS. The aforementioned brush set retails for $27. Bdellium Tools is proudly cruelty free. These brushes are made in China.

 Bdellium Tools' Bambu line of brushes is available in three color choices; pink, green, and yellow. The handles are made of eco-friendly lacquered bamboo with silver metal ferrules. Bdellium's 769 brush features stiff, dense, but soft green bristles that are cut at a blunt, slanted angle. Both cream and powder products are easy to wash out of this brush's synthetic bristles. This brush is quick to  dry. There are just a handful of splayed bristles. I've ever experienced any shedding with this or any Bdellium Tools brush.
 I had a hard time finding a purpose for Bdellium Tools 769 Angled Contour Brush. The brand recommends using it to apply eyeshadow to the inner and outer corners, but I find it far too large to perform those tasks. After playing around quite a bit, I found that the 769 brush is perfectly sized and shaped to pat eyeshadows on my eyelid without getting any product into my crease. It helps me look like I've created a cut crease with far, far less effort. On top of that, this angled eyeshadow brush is also good for buffing on under eye concealers, as well as applying setting powders to the same area.
I do love a good, multifunctional brush, even if it doesn't really serve it's intended purpose. This brush isn't one I'll reach for very often, but I know I'll be able to trust it to get it's job done when I do. I expect high quality brushes from Bdellium Tools and they have yet to let me down. 


3 comments

  1. I have been thinking of getting their smoky eye brush set for a while now and this review has pushed me over the edge I think!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not trying to push you further or anything, but I really love every brush in that set and reach for them all the time. just putting that out there. ;D

      Delete
  2. Also it's pretty cause it's green n.n

    ReplyDelete