Revlon Red Velvet Color Burst Lip Butter Review

 Revlon's super popular Color Burst Lip Butters are "sheer to medium lipsticks" that contain beneficial ingredients like mango, shea, and coconut butters. Revlon says that the "gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth." The Color Burst Lip Butter is said to be so moisturizing that 94% of women see "softer, smoother, instantly hydrated lips." Revlon offers twenty shades, this review is for Red Velvet, a deep red I'd been hoping to try for a while. Each Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter contains 2.5 grams (.09oz) and sells for between $6-9. Revlon products are not cruelty free. This lipstick was made in America.


 I really love Revlon's Lip Butter packaging - the tubes are just so cute! Each Color Burst Lip Butter comes in a silver twist tube with a black base bearing the Revlon logo. A translucent, color matched cap is fitted to each tube. The caps feature a signature quilted, textured design. The shade name and number can be found on a sticker on the bottom of the tube.
 I've had mixed results with the four Revlon Lip Butters I've tried. I absolutely hate some and quite like others. Red Velvet immediately became my favorite of the four - its formula is much different from the other three I've sampled. Red Velvet has a rich, butter formula that glides right on; its a little too slick for my liking - it has a tendency of to slip out of the lip line and transfer on to teeth and any other surface your lips may come in contact with. Red Velvet's creamy formula is actually pretty hydrating, and the thick, lush formula is quite smoothing. This is entirely the opposite experience I've had two Cherry Tart, which chapped my lips to the point of bleeding. I get decent wear from Revlon's Red Velvet Lip Butter - about 90 to 120 minutes of regular wear, then a stain that lasts at least another half hour. Color Burst Lip Butters have no scent or flavor.
 Red Velvet is so gorgeous. This is a deep, strongly blue based red. Red Velvet has a very shiny, creamy finish. I can't see any sign of shimmer in this lipstick. Revlon says their Color Burst Lip Butters have "sheer to medium color payoff", but Red Velvet is so saturated with pigment that it delivers full color coverage in just one swipe.
Red Velvet is by far my favorite Color Burst Lip Butter so far. The formula is rich, moisturizing, creamy, and fantastically pigmented. Red Velvet is a shiny cool red that's surprisingly flattering - I can't seem to stop wearing it! Packaging is cute and colorful, I really love the design. Would I repurchase Revlon's Red Velvet Lip Butter? Heck yes! Do I recommend this lipstick? Heck yes! I'm so pleased with Red Velvet, it almost makes up for the lip butters I've disliked in the past.



Ingredients:
Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl, Polyacyladipate-2, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Polyethelyne,Ozokerite, Cetyl PEG 10/1, Dimethicone, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4, Isosterate, Bees Wax, Zinc Ricinoleate, Squalane, Silica, Shea Butter, Mango Seed Butter, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Coconut Oil, Synthetic Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl, PPG-20, Crosspolymer, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isosterate, Parfum, BHT, Caprylyl Glycol, 1-2 Hexanediol


May Contain:
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Carmine, Blue 1 Lake, Red 6 Lake, 


disclosure:
this product was gifted to me. 

4 comments

  1. Wow, I love this color. I can't remember what color I have, but it's a dark pink and it's really pretty as well, but I am loving this red. Definitely adding it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this shade would be really striking on you! =D

      Delete