Maybelline Berry Bomb Electro Baby Lips Review

 Maybelline says their Electro Baby Lips will provide "8 hours oh hydration with a neon kick! Electro color pigments in our exclusive lip renew formula." I'm a long time lover of the regular Baby Lips, but I took my sweet time trying the Electro Baby Lips, as they didn't really appeal to me that much. I finally picked one up in the shade Berry Bomb during my most recent haul. There are a total of six shades available. Each Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm contains 4.4 grams (.15 oz) and sell for about four bucks a pop. Maybelline products are not cruelty free. This balm was made in America.

 Maybelline's Electro Baby Lips come in round black twist tubes with clear caps. The large bubble letters that spell out the product name are color coordinated to the balm's shade. The shade name and number are printed on the side of the cap. I find Maybelline's Baby Lips packaging surprisingly functional and well designed. The balm twists down completely, preventing knicking. On top of that, the twisting mechanism locks once the firmly fitted cap  is on. Baby Lips are very purse and pocket friendly, as lip balms should be.
 I don't believe the Electro formula is significantly different from Maybelline's standard Baby Lips one, so if you're familiar with my opinions about Baby Lips feel free to skip this paragraph. If not, let me begin squealing about how much I enjoy this lip balm. As usual, this lightweight lip balm is effortless to apply, the silky formula glides right on. Instantly, this lip balm gives lips a boost of hydration with a pleasant slick feel. I find Maybelline's Baby Lips lip balm formula surprisingly soothing for my frequently chapped lips. This balm doesn't heal my lips as efficiently as Lush Lip Service or Julep's Strawberry Mint Lip Balm, but it gets the job done, and is cheaper and more easily available. Maybelline says Baby Lips deliver 8 hours of moisture, but I only get about four hours of hydration - but that's still pretty good.
 Berry Bomb is a sheer, shimmer free, bright, cool purple with a slightly shiny finish. This lip balm is just pigmented enough that you need to be careful when applying it. Berry Bomb's slight purple tint is pretty flattering on my naturally pink lips. Color payoff is buildable, three to four layers can produce a bold yet still translucent purple color. Berry Bomb's shine and color last about an hour. This lip balm has a light, fruit punch scent and flavor similar to Pink Punch from the regular line.
Maybelline's Electro Baby Lips Lip Balm in Berry Bomb is pretty great. It boasts the same awesome formula I've come to love, with a sheer color that's as punchy as the flavor. Also, packaging is a little bit cuter. I don't see myself repurchasing Berry Bomb in specific, but I hope to never be without a tube of Baby Lips. If you like Maybelline's Baby Lips, you'll like the Electro line - there's no real difference, though the Electro line's shades are brighter. All in all, Maybelline's Baby Lips are great! If you haven't tried them, you should. 



Ingredients:
Octyldodecanol, Polybutene, Petrol Atum, Isopropyl Myristate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Diisostearyl Malate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Candelilla, Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Parfum/Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Aroma/Flavor, Limonene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Silica, Benzyl Alcohol, Mel/Honey/Miel, Centella Asiatica Extract, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Tin Oxide, Citral, Eugenol, Geraniol. May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 45410/Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/ Iron Oxides, CI 45380/Red 22 Lake, Mica, CI 15850/Red 7, CI 15985/Yellow 6 Lake, CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090/Blue 1 Lake.


Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me. 

3 comments

  1. oooh I love that colour! I own most of the basic babylips range but this is gorg! Only thing with babylips is I don't find them to be the best for actualy working as a lipbalm :/
    loving your blog
    http://ellacatherine1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry they don't do much for you. =( Glad you like the color of Berry Bomb though.

      Delete