Mario Badescu Flower&Tonic Mask Review

 Mario Badescu calls their Flower&Tonic Mask a "combination purifying and calming mask for congested, bumpy, or slightly oily skin types. The kaolin based formula absorbs dirt and oil from pores while the soothing botanical Balsam Peru ingredients soothes minor redness and irritation. " This mask contains 60ml (2 fl oz) and retails for $18. Mario Badescu does not test on animals. Mario Badescu products can be ordered through the brand's website, or bought at Ulta. A small number of salons, spas, and boutiques also stock the brand.

 The Flower&Tonic Mask comes in a simple, opaque white jar with a twist cap. The Mario Badescu logo and product name are printed on the front of the jar in green lettering. Ingredients can be found on the back. Packaging is recyclable.
 Mario Badescu's Flower&Tonic Mask is a thick, greyish green clay mask. This thick mask is a little difficult to spread evenly over the skin. The Flower&Tonic mask dries down quite quickly and gets very stiff, making it difficult to keep on for the recommended fifteen to twenty minutes. Mario Badescu's Flower&Tonic Mask is a little stubborn when its time to rinse off. This clay based face mask gives impressive, but short lived results. I have exactly the skin type the Flower&Tonic mask is meant for and it really works well for me. Immediately after rinsing, my redness is significantly reduced. Pores are slightly tighter and the little bumps I tend to get on my chin seem smaller. My skin feels quite soft and not at all dried out after using Mario Badescu's Flower&Tonic Mask. This face mask has a light, floral scent from the gardenia extract, there is no added fragrance.
I quite like Mario Badescu's Flower&Tonic Mask for reducing redness and giving my skin a refreshed feeling. I don't think the results I get are particularly unique - Boots Botanical Ionic Clay Mask does nearly the same thing for me (though Mario Badescu's option is a little less drying). I need to mention that this clay mask dries out very easily, but it can be rehydrated with just a few drops of water. I wouldn't purchase a full size of Mario Badescu's Flower&Tonic Mask, but I'll happily continue to use my sample. I do think this clay facial mask is worth trying if you don't mind a little splurge. 


INGREDIENTS: 
Deionized Water (Aqua),  Kaolin, Wheat (Triticum Vulgare) Starch, Sorbitol, Zinc Oxide (CI 177947),Titanium Dioxide (CI 177891), Gardenia Extract

Disclosure:
I received a sample of this product in exchange for completing a survey.

1 comment