The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Lip Butter Review

 The Body Shop calls their Pink Grapefruit Lip Butters a "buttery lip moisturizer" that "melts onto the lips for instant hydration. It contains zesty pink grapefruit seed oil." Each Lip Butter contains .3 oz (8.5 grams) and retails for $6. If Pink Grapefruit isn't your thing, don't worry, there are seven other flavor options to choose from. This lip butter was made in the UK. Though the brand has been acquired by L'Oreal, The Body Shop has managed to keep their products from being tested on animals. The Body Shop products can be bought at the brand's stores or through their website, and in a limited selection at Ulta.

 The Pink Grapefruit Lip Butters come in a tiny, round light pink pot with a screw on cap. The cap features a label with an image of a grapefruit, The Body Shop logo, and product name. A peel up label offering a multi-lingual product description and full ingredient list can be found on the bottom of the jar. All packaging is recyclable.
 The Body Shop's Lip Butters have plenty of moisturizing ingredients. This lip butter is solid in the jar, but it melts on contact with the skin. Just a little bit of this balm is enough - it spreads over the lips, providing an instant feeling of hydration and smoothness. This thin lip balm sinks in quite slowly, it sits on top of the lips for about half an hour. The Body Shop's Lip Butter seems to me like more of a preventative lip balm than a healing/treating one. I enjoy it for overnight use, or to seal in moisture before going out in the cold. However, I've had some very painful, dry chapped lips for the past week (a side effect from work), and this lip balm hasn't done much to fix it. In fact, the grapefruit extract has been kinda irritating. The Body Shop's Pink Grapefruit Lip Butter also works well for cuticles. This butter's hydration lasts for several hours; I only need to apply this balm twice, three times at most, per day.
 The Pink Grapefruit Lip Butter looks like a light peach shade in the jar. Though this lip butter isn't meant to provide any real color, I think the slightly shiny, milky, light nude pink tint was worth mentioning.

The Body Shop's Pink Grapefruit Lip Butter has a natural, unsweetened grapefruit scent and flavor. Its not too strong. I like grapefruit, but the flavor strikes me as just a little gross or obnoxious - like its ever so slightly gone off.
All up, I like The Body Shop's Pink Grapefruit Lip Butter but I don't love it. The formula is rich, but this balm is best used as an overnight treatment or to prevent chapped lips. For me, The Body Shop's Lip Butters are not soothing for chapped lips. This balm provides long lasting moisture, so reapplication is infrequent. I'm not a big fan of the pink grapefruit flavor. I think I'll repurchase this balm, but in a different flavor - maybe Chocomania or Blueberry. I do recommend The Body Shop's Lip Butter as an overnight lip balm. 



Ingredients: 
Shea Butter, Castor Oil, Rapeseed Oil, Beeswax, Lanolin, PEG-8 Beeswax, Grapefruit Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Silica, Flavor, Linalool, Limonene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Tocopherol, Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5, Red 7

Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me. This post contains affiliated links. 

8 comments

  1. I have used quite a few lip balms and lip butters from TBS. Honestly they are not the best as lip balms but they have such feel good factors about them which in unbeatable IMO.
    By the way, check out my blog some time. :)

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I actually prefer Lush's lip balms, but The Body Shops are nearly as good.

      Delete
  2. Really great review, I love the body shop. Even though you don't love the grapefruit the nice thing about the bodyshop is you have so many different options to choose between x3 I don't have any experience with their lipbalms but I do adore their bodybutters!
    xoxo
    Serainie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Body Shop's scent range is great. I've only tried one of their Body Butters, but I hope to try more.

      Delete
  3. Ooo thanks for this! I have to admit I tried Body Shop once and was incredibly unimpressed, but these lip butters looked like something I might give a shot. Upon reading your review, I've decided that I think I have enough preventative lip products to leave these alone. heh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! Glad I could save you a couple dollars.

      Delete