Maybelline Dream Wonder Pressed Powder Review (Porcelain Ivory)

Maybelline's new Dream Wonder Pressed Powder is "smooth whipped with 60% less talc, so there's no chalky dust to cling to flaws. Our powder glides on smoothly for smooth buffed perfection." I'd like to mention that the statistic about talc is in comparison to Maybelline's Fit Me Pressed Powder, of which I'm not a fan. Maybelline offers their Dream Wonder Powder in sixteen shades, I picked up Porcelain Ivory, the lightest shade. The Dream Wonder Powder contains 5.5 grams (.19 oz) of product and retails for around $8-9. Sadly, Maybelline products are not cruelty free. This pressed powder was made in America. 
Maybelline's Dream Wonder Powder comes in a round, light pink plastic compact with a clear flip top cover that bears the product name and Maybelline logo. The shade name and number, an ingredient list, and a couple claims can be found on the back of the compact. The pan of powder lifts up to reveal a good quality mirror and a well for the included sponge. Packaging is purse friendly. Unfortunately, packaging doesn't seem to be recyclable. 
 Maybelline says their Dream Wonder Powder "glides on softly and smoothly" for "buildable medium coverage" with a "skin perfecting silky finish." The Dream Wonder Pressed Powder has a fantastically smooth texture. I've seen a lot of other bbloggers complain that this powder kicks up a lot of excess, but I haven't encountered that problem - quite the opposite actually. I don't think there's any wrong way to apply Maybelline's Dream Wonder powder. I've used a kabuki, a flat powder brush, and even the included sponge - all with great results. This face powder goes on so smoothly, if it wasn't for the light to medium coverage I'd never know there was anything there. Dream Wonder feels fantastically weightless on the skin. The finish of this powder is very skin like, and as promised this powder doesn't cling to any imperfections. The Dream Wonder Powder is great on it's own as a powder foundation, or to set foundation. This powder isn't great for controlling oil, this is more of a coverage kind of powder. Longevity will vary person to person, personally I get about six hours of wear from this powder.
 I've always had good luck finding a match within Maybelline's Fit Me range, so I had high hopes for finding a great match among the sixteen shades of Dream Wonder. Porcelain Ivory is a decent match for me, but it isn't perfect. In the pan, Porcelain Ivory looks quite light and neutral. On the skin though, this shade has a slight peachy yellow tone. While this powder is in the general correct shade range, the peachy tinge makes this powder appear a little too warm. As I mentioned, this finish of this powder is very natural - its neither dewy nor matte. Unlike the Fit Me powder, Dream Wonder doesn't contain any shimmer.
I'm a fan of Maybelline's Dream Wonder Powder. The texture is excellent! This powder provides good, buildable coverage. What's fantastic about this powder is that its very buildable - I can apply three layers of this powder without it appearing powdery or cakey on the skin. Porcelain Ivory isn't a perfect match for me, I wish it was a little lighter. I really do love the texture and finish of this powder. If you're hoping to try a new pressed powder, I definitely recommend Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder. 




Ingredients:
Dimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silesquioxane Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Isostearyl Sebacate, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Sodium Dehydeoacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate

May Contain:
Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide. 


This product was gifted to me. 

6 comments

  1. I'm glad you like it! I was really curious about this powder (and I rarely buy powders), but I was going to wait until I heard some positive reviews! I think I'll go check it out :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time i saw this powder, I have passed it. But I also found a lot of bloggers praising it. That it provides coverage sounds really interesting.

    By the way, if you can, check out my blog some time. Would love it it you could lend some support as well.
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coverage is pretty cool, this powder is like somewhere between your average pressed powder and a powder foundation.

      Delete
  3. Well if Mary recommends it, I should probs go buy now. I love makeups!

    ReplyDelete