Sally Hansen Fanta-Sea Triple Shine Nail Color Review

 Sally Hansen says"water to workout, day in day out, nothing will dull these nails. The gloss is protected with the Ultimate Shield Technology, exclusive to Sally Hansen, designed to help polish withstand the wear and tear of everyday living for non-stop shine." This sounds like my kind of nail polish! I'm extremely hard on my hairs, so I was excited to put this supposedly long-wearing nail polish to the test. Sally Hansen's Triple Shine Nail Colors are available in 29 shades, this review features Fanta-Sea. These polishes contain 10ml (.33 fl oz) and retail for around $5. I received this product for review. Sally Hansen is a subsidiary of Coty Inc, so their products are not cruelty free. This nail polish was made in the USA.

 I'm not a fan of the Triple Shine line's packaging. To me, its pretty bulky. These Sally Hansen lacquers come in tall, rectangular glass bottles, topped with black plastic caps bearing the brand and product logos. For some reason, the cap pulls off to reveal a smaller, easier to grasp cap. That seems to be a popular thing for high end nail lacquer packaging, but it just seems wasteful and unnecessary to me. The shade name and ingredient list can be found on the back of the bottle. The Sally Hansen Triple Shine brush is really unique! Average in length, but twice as wide as your average brush, its flat and quite thing. The brush is rectangular in shape with a slightly rounded tip. The Triple Shine brush is very stiff with not a bristle out of place.
 Sally Hansen's Triple Shine polish in Fanta-Sea has a thick, slightly goopy consistency, making it difficult to apply in an even coat. Fanta-Sea is definitely a layering polish, but it can be built up to near opacity in four to five coats, if you're incredibly patient. This lacquer takes a very long time to dry, several minutes per coat. Like many thick formula'd polishes, Sally Hansen's Fanta-Sea is chip prone. Sally Hansen touts the formula as water resistant, but I haven't found that to be the case. I get very poor wear from this polish, I've never managed to keep it on for a full day (I've tested Fanta-Sea four times). As per usual with glitter polishes, this lacquer is a pain to remove. The Triple Shine formula has an especially strong smell.
 As much as I dislike Fanta-Sea's formula, I gotta say that its really pretty - I love the color and effect. Sally Hansen's Fanta-Sea is comprised of small flecks of silver, turquoise, aqua, and light blue glitter suspended in a clear base. As promised, the finish is quite glossy, giving Fanta-Sea a wet look. The dense, glossy finish causes a smooth texture on the nail, it doesn't feel like a glitter polish to the touch. Fanta-Sea pairs beautifully with China Glaze's For Audrey.
I don't like Sally Hansen's Triple Shine formula - its thick, wears poorly (on me) and takes a long time to dry. Packaging is bulky and unattractive. The shade Fanta-Sea is very pretty though, its a glimmering mix of silver and blue glitters that's pretty worn layered or on it's own. I can only hope that the non-layering shades of Sally Hansen's Triple Shine lacquers are better than this glitter polish. Based off my experience with Fanta-Sea, I wouldn't purchase more Sally Hansen Triple Shine Nail Colors, nor would I recommend them.

Message me on Tumblr or email me for an Influenster invite. 


Ingredients:
Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Nitrocellulose, Triphenyl Phosphate, Acetylated Hydrogenated Castor Glyceride, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Alcohol Denat., Aluminum Calcium Sodium Silicate, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Acetone, Benzophenone 1, Diacetone Alcohol, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Polyvinyl Butyral, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tin Oxide, 

May Contain:
 Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), D&C Red 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Calcium Lake (CI 15850), FD&C Blue 1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Aluminum Powder (CI 77000), D&C Black 2 (CI 77266), D&C Yellow 11 (CI 47000), D&C Red 34 Calcium Lake (CI 15880), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Guanine (CI 75170)


disclaimer:
This product was sent to me by Influenster for review purposes. 

2 comments

  1. This polish has, at minimum, three different shines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mary, great Sally Hansen review and pics! I think you would enjoy our Sally Hansen Triple Shine Challenge. Your pics are awesome and would rock the competition. Take a look: www.preen.me/tripleshine

    ReplyDelete