Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush Review

 Real Techniques recently released a handful of new brushes and tools, including the Silicone Liner Brush. Real Techniques says "this brush is the ultimate tool for smooth, precise application of liquid or cream eyeliner. Provides a smooth application of product without pulling or tugging the skin." The Silicone Liner Brush retails for a reasonable six bucks or so. This brush was made in China. Real Techniques tools can be bough through the brand's website, Ulta, and most drugstores and major retailers.

 The Silicone Liner Brush comes in a plastic box,  the back of which features a photo of Sam and Nic Chapman (aka Pixiwoo) and a description of this tool. The Silicone Liner Brush has a lightweight purple aluminum handle with a black rubberized base. The brush name and Real Techniques logo is printed on the handle in deeper purple letters. A small, very flexible silicone nib is attached to the end of the handle. The silicone tip comes to a narrow point that can create precise lines of any width. The flexibility of the silicone tip makes this eyeliner brush incredibly easy to work with. I love me some angled eyeliner brushes, but they've been on the back burner since I got this brush. My only complaint about Real Techniques' Silicone Liner Brush is that it doesn't pick up and hold much product, I find myself needing to dip back into my gel liners two to three times per eye. This silicone tipped brush works best with gel and cream eyeliners; I find it useless with liquid liners, which do not adhere to the tip at all. Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush is so easy to clean, product wipes right off of it.
Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush is awesome, and pretty unique too - I don't know if I've ever seen a brush quite like this before. This silicone tipped eyeliner tool creates precise lines, though I need to pick up product more often than I'd like. This tool is very easy to clean. To me, the $6 price tag is very reasonable. If you wear gel eyeliner often, or just want to try something new, I definitely recommend picking up Real Techniques' Silicone Liner Brush.



disclosure:
this product was gifted to me. 

6 comments

  1. Too bad they can't spell silicon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think this would be quite as good if it was made of silicon. ;]

      Delete
  2. wow I didn't know that they had come out with this brush! What a cool concept! I think this would be a great addition to my brush collection! I love gel eyeliners :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you try it! Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. I love real technique's brushes. I have their essentials set and travel set. Might look into picking up this one as well. Have you tried their version of the beauty blender?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't, but only cause it was sold out on Ulta's website when I was shopping. I really want to though, I hear its pretty good.

      Delete