January 2014 Ipsy Bag - 19 Reasons

 Ipsy has a lot to live up to in January, their December and November bags were awesome for me! Ipsy curated a skincare based bag to kick off the new year. This month, Ipsy parted with a whopping TWENTY brands! Repeat brands include Benefit, Elizabeth Mott, Coastal Scents, Mica Beauty, Sexy Hair, Yaby, and Nourish Organics. More exciting are the new partnerships: Briogeo, Proactiv, Malin+Goetz, Alterna, Apothederm, Balanced Guru, Epice, Faith Aromatherapy, LeeAni Eco, Marula, Skiin, Absolute!, and Willa. Ipsy's been repeating a lot of brands in 2013, so I'm really happy to see 13 new brands. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service that promises 4-5 full size or deluxe samples per month for $10. For more information see my My Thoughts on Ipsy post. Click through to see what I received in January. 

This month's bag is really cute, actually. A mid toned blue bag with images of various cosmetics and skincare products printed on the bag in a lighter blue. The lined bag has a zipper closure. The bag has a pretty strong plastic-y scent. On to what was inside.
 Proactiv+ Mark Fading Pads x 4 - unknown value

This was like, the one product I didn't want to get. I don't have much of a use for them, and they don't really add a lot of value to the bag. 

Claims:
The Proactiv+ Mark Fading Pads are a convenient, single-use, no-rinse peel pad that can instantly boost your skin’s glow and radiance. The pads help remove dead skin cells to unclog pores and remove dull layers to reveal newer, smoother, more even toned skin. With just a few quick swipes you can help fade away post acne dark marks, reduce the appearance of fine lines and enlarged pores.

The Offer:
N/A
 Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask - 1 oz sample - $3.25 (Full size 8 oz/$26)

I've never heard of Briogeo before, but I'm always up to try a deep conditioner, so I'm happy to receive this sample. I got a lot of hair though, so this little sample will probably only last for 1 or 2 uses. The texture is pretty thick and it has a pleasant, neutral scent.

The Claims:
Repair and treat dry, damaged and breaking hair with Don't Despair, Repair!™ deep conditioning mask. Fortified with ultra-hydrating avocado, sweet almond & argan oils, strengthening keratin protein, power-conditioning rosehip oil, soothing aloe, and super hair-essential vitamins B5, D, A, E and biotin. This unique complex of targeted ingredients helps increase hair elasticity and moisture to prevent breakage, promotes healthy shine and luster, and replenishes strength.

The Offer:
20% off any purchase at briogeohair.com with code IPSYJAN14. Expires 2/15/14
 Nourish Organic Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion - .5 fl oz sample - $7.33 (Full size 1.7 oz/$21.99)

Yinz know I love to try new skincare, so I'm excited to try this moisturizer. I don't really have any opinions on the product or brand to share. Glancing over the ingredient list, this face lotion seems to be full of natural ingredients. 

The Claims:
Nourish Organic's Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion provides continuous moisture throughout the day while replenishing essential skin nutrients. The advanced, non-greasy formula is also rich in vitamins and antioxidants to boost skin's defenses and leave skin healthier and younger-looking every day. 100% Natural. USDA-Certified Organic. Fragrance-Free. Alcohol-Free. Ultra gentle for sensitive skin.

The Claims:
30% off Nourish Organics products at nourishorganic.com with code IPSY30. Expires 2/15/14
 Mica Beauty Tinted Lip Balm in Fiesta - 2.5g Deluxe Sample - $18.75 (Full size 4g/$30)

It was love at first swatch with this tinted lip balm! Wow is Fiesta pigmented. The texture is smooth, the color is beautiful, and it seems to stain the lips rather than add a layer of product. This is by far my favorite product in January's bag! Subscribers that received this lip balm received Fiesta or Natural.

The Claims:
MicaBeauty's 24 hour Tinted Lip Balm conditions your lips without smudge while delivering sophisticated finish. For a sheer wash of color, one swipe is all you need. For a bolder pout, simply apply another swipe and this lip balm will create lips every woman covets. Kiss-proof and smudge-proof!

The Offer:
45% off any purchase at micabeauty.com with code IPSY45. Expires 2/28/14. US only.
Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Pencil in Pearl - Deluxe Sample $7 - Full size $15

This is supposed to be a shadow pencil, but it seems like more of a brightening eyeliner to me. Texture and color payoff are only ok. Pearl is a light gold with a lot of shimmer to it. I believe all Ipsy subscribers received an Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Pencil, but I could be wrong. I was wrong. Two shades were sent out, Pearl or Penny

The Claims:
The ultimate gel pencil that’s smooth like butter and packed with deliciously creamy colors. These velvety pencils glide on with ease, and contain just enough shimmer. They’re also waterproof and perfect to wear all day and night, a must have for all color lovers!

The Offer:
Free Raven Smooth Shadow Pencil with EVERY product purchased on elizabethmott.com with code IPSYSMOOTH. Expires 3/1/14


Total Value of my January Ipsy Bag:
$37~

The samples were small this month, like this was a little bit Birchbox-y, if you feel me. Still, I'm pleased with four of the products I received (I could've done without the Proactiv+ Pads). I really love the Mica Beauty Tinted Lip Balm, which was nearly double in value of what this bag cost. Comment and let me know what you got in your January Bag!





Disclaimer:
This post contains affiliated links/referral codes.

15 comments

  1. This will be my first Ipsy bag, I'm looking forward to it, so far every review people had different bags w/ some similarity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool products. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, all of us didn't get the shadow pencil :P

    I got:
    •Yaby foundation in buff (which matches my tone almost PERFECTLY!)
    •Costal Scents foundation brush
    •Absolute! Makeup wipes
    •Mica in Fiesta (I too love it!)
    •skin brightener (Anthroderm or something; my daughter lost the bottle! :'( lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, I crossed that bit out now. That's great that the foundation matches so well! Sounds like you got a good bag, I hope you find your skin brightener.

      Delete
  4. love the look of that lip product! Gorgeous shade!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I'm so surprised at how much I like it!

      Delete
  5. Its cool that you get to try proactive! The commercials are on non-stop so I have always wondered about it.

    -Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll be able to get much of an idea of how Proactiv+ will work for me with four little packets. If anything, Proactiv really knows how to advertise lol.

      Delete
  6. I got the exact same bag, though I had some of the values calculated differently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you enjoying your bag? =D I'm not the best at math, so I may be wrong on some of them.

      Delete
  7. Still waiting for mine! I haven't even gotten a tracking code yet :/

    http://skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get it soon. Ipsy staggers their shipping over a 10 day period, I believe.

      Delete