Mum's Guest Review: Banana SoyJoy Bar

 SoyJoy is an "all natural gluten free snack bar made with non-GMO soybeans and real fruit pieces. Between 130-140 calories, SoyJoy is a great on-the-go snack or it can be enjoyed warm with coffee or tea".  SoyJoy Bars are available in seven flavors, today my mother will be providing her thoughts on the Banana flavor. SoyJoy is a brand I've been conscious of, but have never tried any of their products prior to this review. I received on bar in my Influenster Violet VoxBox. These individual snack bars can be bought through SoyJoy's website or at your local grocery store for about $1.  These healthy snack bars are made in California.

I'm personally not a fan of bananas or raisins, so I passed this along to my mother, who was happy to try it. She wasn't expecting to like SoyJoy's Banana bar, but she ended up loving it! My mother is one of the few that enjoy's fruit cake and she found this snack bar very comparable in both texture and flavor. She described SoyJoy's Banana bar as moist and satisfyingly chewy with a strong but realistic banana flavor. She also enjoyed the raisins and small pineapple chunks. She found the nutrition facts and ingredient list mostly agreeable  My Mum really enjoyed SoyJoy's snack bar and thought it would make a great mid-afternoon or after work snack. She's very interested in trying the Dark Chocolate Cherry flavor, as am I. 


Have you tried SoyJoy Snack Bars? Would you like to? Comment and let me know! 



Free of: 
Artificial Colors and Flavors, Hydrogenated Oils, Transfats and Gluten

Made With:
Whole Soy and Real Fruit

Ingredients:
Ground Whole Soy Beans, Raisins, Dried Bananas, Butter, Sugar, Eggs, Dried Pineapple, Dried Coconut, Maltodextrin, Corn Starch, Banana Flavor and other natural flavors. 

Nutrition Facts for 1 30g bar:
Calories 130
Calories from Fat 50
Total Fat 6g (9%)
Saturated Fat 3g (15%)
Cholesterol 20mg (7%)
Sodium 50mg (2%)
Potassium 240mg (7%) 
Total Carbohydrates 16g (5%)
Dietary Fiber 2g (8%)
Sugar 12g
Protein 4g (8%)
Vitamin A (2%)
Calcium (2%)
Iron (4%)

Disclaimer:
This product was sent to me by Influenster for review purposes. 


3 comments

  1. That looks really gross not going to lie, but it actually sounds like I might like the taste! Thank your brave mother for trying it for me! :P

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gotta agree that it looks unpleasant. I'll let my mum know you liked her review =D I hope you like the SoyJoy bar if you try it!

      Delete
  2. I have never tried this before.

    ReplyDelete