December 2013 Ipsy Bag - Celebration!

 After last month's awesome bag, Ipsy has a lot to live up to in December. This month, subscribers received 5 products from thirteen different brands. This month, Ipsy re-partnered with Pop Beauty, Be a Bombshell, NYX, Mirabella, Jesse's Girl, J.Cat, and Demeter. New partnerships include Starrily, English Laundry, Ardell, Andrea, Salon Perfect, and Nicka K. Ipsy is a monthly subscription service that costs $10/month, and is available in the US and Canada. For more information, see my link to My Thoughts on Ipsy at the end of this post. Click through to see the five products I received this month.

 English Laundry Signature Fragrance Samples - sample size - $1~

When I saw that I was getting fragrance samples Ipsy bag, I was kinda cross. Really? Little perfume samples? Turns out they're not so little! Two to three times the size of normal perfume samples, Ipsters that received these English Laundry samples received a version for both men and women. I love the way both of them smell!  I'm surprisingly pleased by these. 

The Claims:
Signature Pour Femme By: English Laundry
Charming, Delicate & Elegant. Signature opens with quince, complimented by white chocolate and jasmine petals at the heart. For a purely peaceful scent, notes of orris roots, powdery musk and sensual woods have been composed at the base. 

Signature By: English Laundry
Sophisticated, Masculine & Captivating. Signature is a fragrance with aromatic notes of bergamot, lemon, lavender and cedarwood. Nutmeg and coriander are composed in the middle. Signature reveals a base of sandalwood, vetiver, musk and amber.

The Offer:
Free gift with purchase+Free Shipping with $75 orders from englishlaundryfragrance.com
 Pop Beauty Bright Up Your Life Trio - Deluxe Sample - $8~

These eyeshadow trios were sent out in two shades, I received Smokin' Hot. These trios don't actually exist, they're part of Pop Beauty's Bright Up Your Life palettes, which contain 10 shadows for $24. Packaging is nice, but the shadows don't seem particularly pigmented. Pop Beauty products seem to be extremely hit or miss. 

The Claims:
This palette of hues adds definition & intensity to lids, creating a broad range of looks that complements all eye colours. From brightening bare to sultry smoke, these hues blend smoothly onto the lid, adding a veil of silky luster that will outlive the day or night!

The Offer:
25% off any purchase at popbeauty.com with code EyeLuvPOP.
 Be a Bombshell The One Stick in Flustered - Full Size - $16

I'm 100% over getting Be a Bombshell products in Ipsy bags. So completely done. This lip and cheek color was sent in three shades, I received Flustered. This shade is very bright and kinda shimmery, I don't think its going to be very flattering on me. 

The Claims:
An all-in-one multiple stick with a smooth texture. Apply to eyelids, cheeks or lips for the perfect pop of color anywhere!

The Offer:
40% off + Free Raspberry Tart blush with any order with code IPSY40 at beabombshellcosmetics.com
NYX Round Lipstick - Sky Pink - Full Size - $5 

 I love NYX Round Lipsticks! I always welcome another one in my collection. Ipsy sent out about a dozen shades, I received Sky Pink, which isn't particularly pigmented. It's a light pink with a glaze like finish. 

The Claims:
A classic lipstick for all occasions that has a mineral-based emollient formula, beautiful velvet texture, saturated color, and resists wear and smudging.

The Offer:
35% off Slim Line Pencils with code IPSYSLIM at nyxcosmetics.com
Nicka K Nail Lacquer - Ripe Apple - Full Size - $5

I've never heard of Nicka K before, and I'm rarely excited to receive a nail polish since I can't wear them often. I was fully expecting to stick this in my swap box and forget about it, but I swatched it on a nail wheel for the heck of it...and promptly painted all my nails with it. The formula of this polish seems amazing - a rich red that was opaque in one coat. This polish was also sent in a taupe shade. 

The Claims:
The Nicka K New York is specially designed to glide across fingernails with minimal effort for vibrancy that is dazzling and long lasting. Formula is free of DBP, Toublene, and formaldehyde.

The Offer:
30% off any order at Nicka.com with code IPSY


Total Value:
$45-ish

I'm pleased with December's bag! I really am over Be a Bombshell products, but I'm very glad to have received everything else! I think my favorite product is both fragrance samples, they really do smell fantastic! Tell me about your December Ipsy Bag in the comments.




This post contains affiliated links/referral codes. 

5 comments

  1. yeah, most of the be a bombshell reviews weren't too positive.. other than that, it seems like you received some lovely products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm very pleased with this month. =D

      Delete