St. Tropez One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion Review

 As a redhead born in Russia and raised in Pittsburgh, I was destined to be paler than pale. I don't recall ever seeing the sun in the first 18 years of my life. As you can imagine, I burn to a crisp the moment I step foot outside. I've never really been self conscious about being fair complected, its actually one of my favorite things about myself. Initially, I was pretty displeased about receiving St. Tropez One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion in my May Ipsy Bag, but I decided to try it anyway, because it rinses off. St. Tropez calls their One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion a "lightweight cream" that "simply smooths on to give you an instant, even, beautifully golden tan that will wash off whenever you choose. Simply smooth on from top to toe using your palms or applicator mitt or latex gloves for maximum, even coverage." I received a 50ml (1.7fl oz) sample. The full size of this washable self tanner contains 200ml (6.7 fl oz) and retails for $18. St. Tropez products are not tested on animals. St. Tropez products can be bought at Sephora, Ulta, and salons in the US, and Priceline in Australia.

The St. Tropez One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion comes in a reflective silver squeeze tube (that was very hard to photograph!). The product name and St. Tropez logo are printed on the front of the tube in white font. Application tips, and a full ingredient list can found on the back of the tube. I don't believe this packaging is recyclable.
[its ok if you're jealous of my 101 Dalmatians towel]
St. Tropez One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion is a dark brown cream with a touch of pearlescence and a slight green tinge. Apparently, St. Tropez adds a green pigment to their self tanners to keep them from appearing too red or orange toned. Evenly applying this self tanning lotion is an impossible feat. This product is pretty streaky, even if I've exfoliated. I'm not a fan of the color left behind by this bronzing body lotion - it has an unattractive greyish cast. If the undertone was a little less undead, this sunless tanner wouldn't be too bad. I don't think its too dark. I mean, personally I find it a little shocking to see my skin that dark, but I feel like it wouldn't be unnaturally bronze. When it comes to longevity, I understand that St. Tropez One Night Only is a temporary product - the name makes that very clear. This self tanner claims to wash off (which it does), but it can also be removed with a baby wipe, your clothing, or any surface you sit on. What I'm trying to say is One Night Only is an overestimate of wear time. This St. Tropez self tanner transfers very easily and is not sweat resistant. This lotion has a light, neutral scent.
[Well there's a problem]
I didn't enjoy St. Tropez' One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion. The packaging is attractive, but that's about all. The texture of this lotion feels nice, but applies in a very streaky, difficult to blend manner. The color comes out of the tube as a shimmery greenish brown. However, it transforms into a grey toned medium tan. This self tanner is meant to last for a day or so, but I only get a couple hours of wear - it sweats and rubs right off. This self tanning lotion just is not for me - I'll pass it off to one of my sister-in-laws, they're both into this sort of stuff. I'm confident in my super pale skin, so I doubt I'll be using any more self tanning products in the future. I've heard a lot of good things about St. Tropez products, so I'm inclinded to think that the One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion is a dud in an otherwise good quality range. I do not recommend this product, but I can't write off the brand as a whole. 



ingredients:
Water, Caprylic /Capric Trigylcerides, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Acrylomide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl-laurate Copolymer, Caramel, Glycereth 26, Isohexadecane, Jojoba Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Mica, Fragrance, Sorbitan Oleate, Cactus Stem Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Coumarin, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnimal, Linalool, Limonene, Alpha Isomethylionene, Iron Oxides, Yellow 6, Red 4, Blue 1 


This post contains an affiliated link. 

1 comment

  1. Too bad it didn't work!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete