Royal&Langnickel 20 Compartment Leather Brush Roll Review

 I've been on the market for a brush roll for quite a while - I finally picked one up at the Royal&Langnickel booth at Sydney IMATS. This brand offers several (4 or 5) sizes and styles of brush rolls - I'm reviewing the largest option, which accommodates twenty brushes. This brush roll regularly retails for $29.99, but I scored it at IMATS for just $10 AUD. I'm unsure of where this brush wrap was made.

 Royal&Langnickel's 20 Compartment Leather Brush Wrap is made of leatherette, a realistic faux leather on the outside, with a polyester lining. The  Royal&Langnickel logo is embossed on the exterior of the roll. Two long ties hang off the end, these are surprisingly good at keeping this brush roll closed. The twenty brush slots are made of non-stretchy polyester. There are three slot sizes; 7 small, 10 medium, and three large. A protective flap covers brush heads. Both the black leatherette interior and polyester lining get dirty easily, but don't worry, they wipe clean with a damp cloth or baby wipe. What's truly important about a brush roll is how durable it is. I can comfortably say that I trust Royal&Langnickel's brush roll for traveling. This brush roll was in the bottom of my carry on bag for my recent trip from Sydney to Pittsburgh. Through three flights, two trips through security, and a panicked run through Atlanta's airport - every brush remained in place and unharmed. The brush roll stayed tied shut and didn't incur any damage (no scuffs, tears, etc). I'm sure over time, Royal&Langnickel's brush wrap will suffer some wear and tear, but it made it through it's maiden voyage unscathed.
 I'm very pleased with Royal&Langnickel's 20 Compartment Leather Brush Wrap. The dimensions (listed below) are reasonable for traveling with, or storing brushes. The quality of the materials feels good to me. This brush roll can hold a ton of brushes, I traveled with 46 brushes in it. Royal&Langnickel's brush wrap travels very well. I can't ask for more from a brush roll. Do you really need to spend thirty bucks on a faux leather brush roll? Probably not, but if you're willing to invest in a good brush roll, Royal&Langnickel's 20 Compartment Leather Brush Wrap is sturdy and good quality.
Dimensions:
Length: 21" (53.3cm)
Height: 9.5" (24cm)
Ties: 20" (51cm)
Rolled Circumference (Empty): 10" (25.5cm)
Rolled Circumference (Full, 20 brushes): 10.5" (26.6cm)

No comments