Perlier Imperial Honey Body Butter Review

 Perlier is an Italian luxury skincare brand. I've seen several fellow bloggers review their extravagant products, but I was otherwise unfamiliar with the brand. When I joined iFabbo, the first product this blogger-friendly company offered me was Perlier's Imperial Honey Body Butter. Perlier says the "exclusive melting body butter from the rare honey of black bees, combined with royal jelly, is a true youth elixir. It nourishes the skin, leaving it pleasantly scented with the sensual notes of honey and oriental woods. Perfect to protect the skin from cold in winter an also ideal to help soothe the skin after sun exposure". I was sent a full size 200ml (6.7 fl oz) tube by iFabbo for review. This body butter retails for a whopping $60 through Perlier, though it's currently being sold on HSN for $40. Perlier products can be purchased through the brand's newly relaunched website, HSN, and a selection of boutiques in Italy and France. This body butter is cruelty free and contains a fair amount of natural ingredients. Perlier products are made in Italy.

Packaging for Perlier's Imperial Honey Body Butter is beautiful. An opaque white tub topped with a metallic golden lid. The lid features the Perlier logo, product name, and a description in Italian. More information on the product can be found on a label on the bottom of the tub, along with a full ingredient list. Packaging is recyclable.
 Perlier's Imperial Honey Body Butter is a thick white cream. This is much lighter and smoother in consistency than any other body butter I've used in the past. The lighter consistency help this luxury body butter apply easily, it just smooths right into the skin. Despite being thinner than most body butters, Perlier's Imperial Honey formula is just as rich and deeply hydrating. A little goes a long way, after two weeks of nearly daily, full body use I still have more than half a jar left. This body cream feels quite cool on the skin and it sinks in surprisingly fast, leaving my skin feeling very soft, smooth, and moist. The intense hydration lasts a full day. Perlier's body butter has been particularly beneficial to my very dry, cracked elbows.
Though Perlier describes their Imperial Honey fragrance as a blend of honey and oriental woods, I can only pick up pure honey, at least straight out of the tub and when first applied. I've never been partial to honey (unless its mixed with mustard, than it's a whole 'nother story!), but I like the way this body butter smells. Sweet, it smells almost exactly like clover honey. The scent is light and lingers on the skin for at least six hours. As time goes on, the delicate woodsy notes become more apparent, but the core scent is still natural honey. 
I have no complaints about Perlier's Imperial Honey Body Butter - other than the very high price tag. At $40-60, this is a luxury product for sure. The packaging is lovely, it looks very nice sitting out on my sink. The formula is equally nice, rich and moisturizing but not thick nor greasy. The scent is delicate, natural, and sophisticated. Would I pay this much for a body butter? No, I definitely could never afford that. If you have the means, Perlier's Imperial Honey Body Butter is quite a treat if you have the cash to indulge in it. 



Ingredients:
Water, Shea Butter, Cocoa Seed Butter, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Avocado Oil, Behenyl Alchol, PEG 40 Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Distearate, Stearic Acid, Honey, Jojoba Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Royal Jelly, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, BHT, Methylisothizolinone, Coumarin. 



Disclaimer:
The product featured in this post was sent to me by iFabbo for review purposes.  I do not gain any compensation from this article, or through the links posted in this post. All opinions stated in this review are my own and were not influenced by iFabbo or Perlier. 

8 comments

  1. I love the packaging, great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is gorgeous isn't it? =D

      Delete
  2. That stuff sounds absolutely amazing! I love the scent of honey. I'm not so sure I'd be willing to pay that price though...

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I'm just not sure if it's worth a whole day's pay. Perlier has other more ~affordable~ honey products in their line, if you want to enjoy the scent without going broke.

      Delete
  3. I missed out on this! Kept checking back with no luck :(

    http://skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review, I love how informative your reviews are!
    I'm following you on GFC and Bloglovin, would love it if you could follow me back if you haven't already:)

    http://the-beautiful-era.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent review.... Follow each other via GFC / Bloglovin?
    http://icynosure.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have butter in my fridge that is less money if you want it.

    ReplyDelete