November Ipsy Bag - Glam It Up!

 This month Ipsy is celebrating their two year anniversary! In honor of their anniversary, each Ipsy subscriber received not 5, but 6 products in their bags! Ipsy partnered with 11 brands in October, 5 of those partnerships are new. One of the new brands is Em Cosmetics, which is run by famed YouTube Beauty Guru and Ipsy founder, Michelle Phan. Due to high demand, all 'Ipsters' received a full size Em Cosmetics product in their November bag, along with a coupon for 30% off their order. For more information on this monthly subscription, read my article about Ipsy. Click through to see the six products I received.

 I know its only one more product than usual, but I feel like I got a lot in this month's bag. Speaking of the bag, it was reflective gold bag with a crocodile skin texture. The lining and zipper were bright pink. The bag zips shut and features a wristlet strap. By the way - there's a new IpsyPoints reward - a Beauty Blender+Blender Cleanser.
 Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon - Shameless - Full Size - $14

I'm a little iffy on this one. I like jumbo lip crayons a lot, but the texture of this one is a little bit waxy. That being said, it isn't hard to apply and it wears decently. Smells like a crayon though. Shameless is a shimmery burgundy. A red shade called Hot Damn was also sent out.

The Claims:
A glossy lip crayon with a smooth texture that is perfect for travel and touch-ups on the go.

The Offer:
40% off any order + a free Coco Delight Lip Gloss at beabombshellcosmetics.com with code IPSY40. Expires 12/15/13.
Kiss Ever EZ Lashes (Double Pack, full size) - $5.99 

Oh no. Not eyelashes. I'm a horrible failure when it comes to applying false eyelashes. I still haven't tried the pair Ipsy sent in June. I'm going to be passing these on to someone who can actually use them. These lashes are also really very long, and would probably touch my eyebrows. Ipsy subscribers that received Kiss lashes got one of two styles, this is style #1, which is much thicker, I'd have preferred style #3, which is pretty natural looking.

The Claims:
Ever tried applying eyelashes but became frustrated when they didn’t position correctly? Kiss everEZlashes with Kiss Applicator allows for a perfect application every time! Kiss lashes come in a variety of styles that are perfect for every day wear, to a formal evening event.

The Offer:
30% off any purchase of Kiss or iEnvy Eyelashes at beautyonlinesupply.com with code IPSY. Expires 12/15/13
Pixi Beauty Bronzer - Deluxe Sample - ~$6 (full size $18)

The most exciting product in the bag for me. I've liked Pixi products I've received in Ipsy bags in the past, I'm happy to see more of them. This bronzer was sent out in two shades, Subtly Suntouched and Summertime. I received Subtly Suntouched, which is a light bronzer with just a bit of a sheen. The color seems like it'll suit my skin tone well enough and the texture is soft but not powdery. The full size of this product is sold with a small kabuki brush. 

The Claims:
This bronzing powder gives your complexion the warmth and luminosity of naturally sunkissed skin. Hydrating, silky-smooth & long-wearing, it also protects against free radicals. Contains Vitamin E to protect the skin and mica, which provides dense natural pigment.

The Offer:
25% off any order at pixibeauty.com with code BronzePixi. Expires 12/15/13
Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil - Amethyst - Full Size - $14

My first thought when I pulled this pencil out of my Ipsy bag was "ugh, silver". In the pencil it looks like such a strange, cool toned silver, but when I swatched it I fell in love! It's actually a very pretty silvery purple. This pencil isn't particularly pigmented, but at least the texture is nice and soft. This pencil was also sent out in a shade called Topaz.

The Claims:
The Starlooks Gem Eye Pencils provide a magnificent metallic finish and are so versatile, soft, and creamy that they can be used as a liner or eyeshadow base! Each highly-pigmented, unique pencil has a gorgeous, micro-glitter finish. 

The Offer:
40% off any purchase at starlooks.com with code IPSY. Expires 12/15/13
Em Cosmetics Waterliner - Bronze Kiss - Full Size - $20 

I've heard rave reviews about Em Cosmetics' Waterliner, so I was very pleased to receive this automatic eyeliner (though a little miffed that I got two pencil liners in one bag). I was hoping to receive the coveted Ro's Gold shade, but got Bronze Kiss instead. I'm fine with that, as the shade is kinda gorgeous. It's a medium, bronzey brown with just a hint of a metallic finish. The texture is soft and easy to apply. A smudger is attached to the end of the pencil. The entire 10 shade range was sent out. This was one of 4 possible products from Em sent out this month. 

The Claims:
Inspired by the girl whose eyeliner is a desert island essential. This richly pigmented liner grabs everywhere, including your waterline—without budging or smudging. Dark shades define. light shades brighten. It's the perfect accessory for your eyes.

The Offer:
30% off any order from emcosmetics.com with code ipsy30. Expires 11/30/13
Nailtini Nail Lacquer - Champagne - Full Size - $13


What a pretty rose-gold/peachy polish! The finish of this polish is very dimensional. I haven't loved the Nailtini polishes I've gotten in past Ipsy bags, but I'm really hoping to like Champagne. That being said, I don't know how often I'll be able to use this nail polish, as I'm going back to work in a couple weeks, so I'll have a total nail polish ban. This polish was also sent out in Caviar Cocktail.

The Claims:
Glamour is an attitude as much as a look, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't look the part...all the way down to your fingertips! Just in time for the year's most glamorous season, nailtini is serving ipsters gorgeous nails in two shimmering shades - icy golden Champagne and molten pewter Caviar Cocktail. The perfect finishing touch to glam it up head to toe!

The Offer:
50% off+Free Eyeliner with every $25 purchase on tinibeauty.com with code ipsy4glam. Expires 12/31/13
Nailtini Champagne Swatch
Pixi Bronzer, Em Eyeliner, Starlooks Liner, Be a Bombshell Lipstick 


Total Value of my November Bag:
$73

Wow. Not bad. This isn't my all time favorite Ipsy bag, but the value is great! Aside from the Bronzer, nothing really excites me, but everything also seems to be good quality. I won't be hanging on to the lashes, but I look forward to trying and reviewing the other five products. 





Disclaimer:
this post contains affiliated links/referral codes. 


7 comments

  1. This looks like a pretty good value this month. I don't wear false eyelashes either, they are just a mes when I do them. I keep thinking I'll practice more but it never happens.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feel all too well. I practice once in a while, but not often enough to make a difference in my skill. I just can't be bothered with them =(

      Delete
  2. the eyeliners and nail polish looks lovely! This makes me want to subscribe to ipsy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all very pretty! And do it! Ispy is kinda great :3

      Delete
  3. I just signed up for Beauty Army but I have been hearing a lot of good things about Ipsy. How long have you had a Ipsy membership?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About 18 months, with no truly negative experiences.

      Delete