Avon Pink Melon Be Blushed Cheek Color Review

 Avon says their Be Blushed Cheek Colors will "add a healthy looking glow to your cheeks with a blush of whisper soft color. Dewy finish adds moisture to dry skin. Our creamy blush is easy to blend, won't streak." Avon offers eight shades of their cream blush stick, I'm reviewing Pink Melon - I had a really hard time choosing this shade. Each Be Blushed Cheek Color contains 8g (.28oz) and regularly retails for $8, though Avon frequently puts this product on sale for as low as $4. Avon products are not tested on animals. This cream blush stick was made in China. Avon products can be bought through the brand's website, or via a local sales representative.

 Avon's Be Blushed Cheek Colors come in sleek, round, black tubes that resemble an extra large lipstick. Product twists up and down smoothly. Avon was kind enough to include a plastic stopped to help keep this cream blush from drying out. The shade name and number can be found on a label on the bottom of the tube. I believe the packaging is recyclable.
 I had wanted to try Avon's Be Blushed cream blush sticks for a couple months but I kept putting it off for one reason or another. It wasn't on sale, I couldn't choose just one color, did I really need another blush? I should've taken my indecisiveness as a sign because I regret buying this product. The texture isn't at all what I expected, for a cream product its on the dry side. The method of application is entirely up to you; you can apply is straight from the tube, with your fingers, or with a brush. Personally, I've found the best way to apply this blusher is to bounce the stick over the cheeks and blend with the fingers, or swipe some directly onto the fingers and blend. No matter how I apply this product, I find it very resistant to blending, it sticks to the skin immediately and doesn't want to budge. Color payoff is customizable, this blusher goes on sheer but it can be built up as strong as you'd like it to be. Wear time is acceptable, I get about 6-7 hours out of Pink Melon. I should mention that this cream blush also makes a really nice lip color, I actually prefer it on the lips over the cheeks. Avon's Be Blushed Cheek Colors are fragrance free.
 Pink Melon is a pretty color, I'm glad I chose it, though it was difficult - all eight shades are appealing. This is a warm, bright, bubblegum-my pink. I find the color similar to that of MAC's Viva Glam Gaga Lipstick, just more concentrated  A small amount of silver micro glitter is interspersed through Pink Melon, though its practically invisible. Pink Melon has a nearly matte, cream to powder finish. When worn sheerly this shade gives a nice, innocent flush.
I'm just not in love with Avon's Be Blushed Cheek Colors in Pink Melon. I'm torn on whether or not to return it (I probably will, but I always feel bad about returns). The texture isn't as rich and smooth as I'd like it to be. Blending this cream to powder blush is a pain in the butt. On the other hand, I really appreciate the buildable color payoff. Pink Melon is a nice, warm pink, I'd reach for it far more often if the formula was a little richer. Its safe to say that I won't repurchase this cream blush. However, I'm not writing the Be Blushed Cheek Color off as a bad product - it definitely has some good aspects and seems to be a well liked product, it just isn't for me. 


Ingredients:
Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/dicaprate ,Ricinus Communis (castor) Seed Oil ,Beeswax/cire D'abeille ,Ozokerite ,Ethylhexyl Palmitate ,Isopropyl Lanolate ,Euphorbia Cerifera (candelilla) Wax/cire De Candelilla ,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate,Lanolin Wax/cire De Lanoline ,Tocopheryl Acetate ,Bht 

May Contain:
Mica/ci 77019, Titanium Dioxide/ci 77891,Yellow 5 Lake/ci 19140,Iron Oxides/ci 77489,Red 7 Lake/ci 15850,Blue 1 Lake/ci 42090,Manganese Violet/ci 77742,Carmine/ci 75470

3 comments

  1. Thanks! Was thinking of buying it... But now not so sure! Very informative

    ReplyDelete