China Glaze For Audrey Review

 For Audrey is one of China Glaze's iconic, best selling shades. This was my very first China Glaze polish, which started a love affair with the brand. I've since gone through two bottles of it. This lacquer was released in China Glaze's Something Blue collection and has gone on to become a popular shade in the permanent collection. China Glaze says their formula contains kaolin clay or "china clay as a natural nail hardener, the same material that gives porcelain it's shiny finish." China Glaze polishes are free of DBP, toluene, and formaldehyde. Each polish contains .5 fl oz (14 ml). I purchased my third bottle of For Audrey at Sally's for around $5, but China Glaze polishes will run you between $3-8 depending on where you buy. China Glaze does not test on animals. This lacquer was made in America.

 China Glaze nail polishes come in round glass bottles topped with a texturized black plastic cap. The China Glaze logo and product name are printed on the front of the bottle. The shade name and number can be found on the bottom of the bottle, along with a full ingredient list. The brush, which is supposedly made up of 440 bristles, is average in length, round, and thin with no splayed bristles.
 For Audrey has a slightly thick but easy to work with. Because the formula is thick to begin with, it gets gloopy and stringy much quicker than most polishes. For the most part, For Audrey applies smoothly, though I get a bubble or two once in a while. This polish is nearly opaque in one coat, but I always add a second coat for maximum coverage. For Audrey dries fairly fast, maybe a little over a minute per coat. I get great wear from China Glaze For Audrey, I typically get very short wear from any brand of nail polish, but something about For Audrey is different, I can get up to seven days of wear from it! I do get a moderate amount of tip wear, but it doesn't start until the third day of wear.
 For Audrey is beautiful. This shade is a perfect Tiffany Blue with a shiny cream finish that maintains it's glossiness throughout it's lifespan on the nail. If you're not very familiar with Tiffany Blue, its a light blue with a hint of a green tinge, an aqua really - almost like a robin's egg blue but a bit more muted. I love anything aqua, so For Audrey is right up my alley. This shade will appear more green or blue depending on lighting/angle.
[most color accurate]
I love China Glaze For Audrey, its my #1 all time favorite nail polish. The formula isn't perfect but its workable. Wear time is truly impressive, at least for me. As my regular readers know, I'm a sucker for anything blue or aqua, so I'm particularly partial to this perfect Tiffany Blue shade. My only complaint about For Audrey is how quickly it goes gummy. At six or so bucks for a bottle, I'd prefer to not have to purchase it very often, but I guess there's a price to pay for love. I highly recommend China Glaze For Audrey, especially as a first pick from this brand. 


Ingredients:
Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Triphenyl Phosphate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Camphor, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Diacetone Alcohol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone- 1, Citric Acid , Dimethicone, Kaolin, Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Alcohol Denat., Adipic Acid, Neopentyl Glycol, Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, SIlica


PS sorry for all the different quality photos, I'm still trying to figure out where to take the photos here.

1 comment