NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray Review

 NYX says their new setting sprays will give you "that fresh makeup look that lasts. NYX Makeup Setting Sprays are lightweight and comfortable while working hard to make your sure your makeup stays put." NYX offers two setting spray formulas, one will provide a matte finish, the other one gives a dewy glow." I'm reviewing the Dewy Finish spray. I've had my eye on these sprays since they were released a few months back. I bought my 60ml (2 fl oz) bottle at Ulta for $6. The NYX website lists the price as $8. NYX is a cruelty free brand. This makeup setting spray was made in China. NYX products can be bought through the brand's website, Cherry Culture, Ulta, and select Targets and drugstores.

 NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray comes in a recyclable, black plastic bottle. The bottle is topped with a black spritzer. The spritzer is actually pretty decent, it doesn't spurt out the product, nor does it pump out a gentle mist, you get a medium spray. A label wraps around the bottle featuring the NYX logo, product name and description and a full ingredient list, all set against a dew drop background. I'm pleased with this product's packaging, I just wish the pump produced a slightly finer mist.
 NYX's Dewy Finish Setting Spray is a "lightweight, water based setting spray that shields your flawless look from temperature variations, sweat, and air pollution, leaving your skin looking A-M-A-Z-I-N-G without having to constantly reapply your makeup. Perfect for professional photography, makeup artists, and all makeup enthusiasts." NYX suggests spritzing this product on from 10-12 inches away; I apply it in quadrants. NYX' setting spray is cooling but it feels a tad sticky initially. It quickly dries up and the sticky feeling is gone immediately. The Dewy Finish Setting Spray doesn't leaving my makeup looking splotchy the way other setting sprays do, but it can cause my eyeliner/mascara to run. This setting spray is great for reducing the appearance of powder on the face and refreshing the skin. The resulting finish isn't quite dewy by my standard, I'd call it more of a subtle luminosity. The luminous finish is temporary, you need to re-spritz every two hours or so if you want to maintain your glow. Does NYX' Setting Spray prolong the wear of my foundations? I'm not sure, I don't think it does, but then again I'm not prone to poor foundation wear. This spray smells kind of like bubble solution but the scent dissipates right after application.
I like NYX' Dewy Finish Setting Spray. Actually, let me rephrase that. I like it better than ELF's Makeup Mist&Set, and I find this product enjoyable to use - there's just something fun about spraying yourself in the face. The Dewy Finish Setting Spray is great for taking care of caked up or powdery makeup. The finish isn't dewy per say, but it it does add life and dimension to the complexion. If you like the glowy skin look, this is the product for you, provided you don't mind reapplication. Unfortunately the effect isn't very long lasting. I wish the mist was a bit finer, but I can deal with it as is, it doesn't bead on the skin or run down the face. I don't think I'll repurchase this setting spray, but I will continue to use it. I plan to try the matte finish version after I finish off this bottle. I recommend NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray if you want to try a setting spray for a reasonable price, just don't expect to be blown away. 


Ingredients:
Water, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol 

1 comment