Bare Minerals Prime Time Foundation Primer Review

 Bare Minerals says: "Enlarged pores? Uneven Texture? Flaky Dryness? We've all had complexion problems, that's why we created Prime Time, which prepares your skin for seamless coverage. Apply it first for the smooth, evenly textured complexion you've been waiting for." I'm a primer junkie, so I picked up a half sized 15ml (.5 fl oz) tube of Prime Time in Bare Minerals Flawless Complexion Essentials kit, which I bought at Ulta for $15. The full size of this foundation primer contains 30ml ( 1 fl oz) and retails for $23. Bare Escentuals and it's sub brands, including Bare Minerals, are cruelty free. This primer was made in America. Bare Minerals products can be bought through the brand's website, at their free standing stores, Sephora, and Ulta.

 My deluxe sample of Prime Time comes in a convenient white squeeze tube with a black screw on cap. The product name is printed on the front of the tube in grey font. The back of the tube offers directions in English and French. Dispensing just the right amount of product is easy. I just really love squeeze tubes. The full size of Prime Time comes in a white plastic bottle with a pump dispenser, making it just as functional as the sample tube. Both the full and sample sized packaging are recyclable.
 Bare Minerals Prime Time is a thin, clear face primer. I thought perhaps it'd be similar to Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless Primer, which I loved. Unfortunately, it was more like Mirabella's Prime for Face&Eyes, which I really disliked. Actually, they're incredibly similar - I just compared the ingredient lists and the major ingredients are nearly identical, though Bare Minerals was kind enough to toss in a handful of botanical ingredients. This lightweight primer smooths onto the skin nicely, but it remains quite slick for a few minutes. This is a very basic but effective foundation primer, it smooths flaky patches, fills pores, and helps my makeup blend a little easier. I particularly like to pair Prime Time with Maybelline's Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick. This primer extends the wear of my foundation, but only slightly. Sounds pretty good, yeah? However, I have a problem that I also experienced with Mirabella's primer. Clogged pores! Every time I use Bare Minerals' primer, I end up with one or two small pimples and skin that's in need of some exfoliation. I must be sensitive to a common ingredient. The biggest difference I've noticed between Bare Minerals' and Mirabella's primer is that Prime Time doesn't cause my foundation to transfer off my face the way Prime for Face&Eyes did. Bare Minerals' Prime Time has an unpleasant chemically smell that doesn't linger.
Bare Minerals Prime Time Foundation Primer is decent. It provides the smooth canvas it promises and slightly lengthens the wear of my foundation. Prime Time proves to be a more affordable and more effective dupe to Mirabella's Prime for Face&Eyes. Though this primer feels quite lightweight when applied, its heavy enough to cause blocked pores and small pimples. I'll continue to use Prime Time, but only one my work days. I won't be repurchasing this primer; whether or not you should try it is based on how much you mind risking a breakout. Its a gamble, but if you don't mind spending a bit on a face primer, it could be worth it. 



Ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Silica, Magnesium Silicate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract

3 comments

  1. I was going to buy this primer but I'm glad I found your review before I did. I have super sensitive acne-prone skin so I don't want to risk the breakout :/

    Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could save you and your skin :3

      Delete