Two Cosmetics Heartache Duo Eyeshadow Review

 Two Cosmetics is a "brand with a cause" - for each product they sell they match it with a donation to a local women's shelter. This isn't a brand I'm familiar with, I hadn't even heard of it before I received their Duo Eyeshadow in Heartache in my April Ipsy Bag. Two Cosmetics describes these two (lolz) eyeshadows as "blush pink suited for all skin tones & complexions in two finishes. the shimmer side is fabulous for highlighting the brow bone, tear duct or cheeks adding a little twist to the traditional highlighting colors. the matte side is great for blending or even on the go as a blush. both finishes are amazing for all over the lid color, blend well with neutral eye makeup." This eyeshadow duo sells for $6.99. Two Cosmetics products are mass produced and repackaged by the brand. These eyeshadows are made in China. This company does not test on animals. Two Cosmetics products can be bought through the brand's website and at a couple retailers in California.

 Two Cosmetics Duo Eyeshadows come in a black cardboard box, the design of which isn't really worth going into detail about. A full ingredient list can be found on the back of the box. This eyeshadow comes in a round black pot with a flip top. A little round window gives you a peek in at the product; the company logo is printed on this window. The shade name can be found on a label on the back of the compact. Inside, Two Cosmetics' Duo Eyeshadow is split into two semi-circular pens. The pan that houses the shadows pops out of the compact (very similar to Urban Decay's new eyeshadow packaging).
 Not gonna lie, I was disappointed that I received this eyeshadow duo, being from a no name brand like Two Cosmetics, I expected the shadows would be crappy quality. In reality, they're actually both really nice. Sorry Two Cosmetics, I was being a snob and I was wrong. Both eyeshadows are well pigmented and have soft but non-powdery textures. Neither shade kicks up the slightest amount of excess powder or causes any fallout. Each side of Heartache applies and blends with ease. Wear time is excellent, they don't fade or crease for up to nine hours, even in insanely hot and humid conditions. (Wear time estimate is based off application over a primer, only silly people don't use primers).
 Two Cosmetics Duo Eyeshadow in Heartache is made up of two pink shades. I really like that this duo is comprised of a matte and a shimmer, making it easy to create a dimensional, monochromatic look. The left side of Heartachhe is a frosty light pink with a slight violet duochrome. I tend to pat this shade all over the eyelid. The right half of Heartache is a matte, mauvey pink, I typically apply this shade in the crease. I gotta say, this is one of the nicest matte eyeshadows I've ever used! The two shades in this dup work really well together, they crease a surprisingly flattering pastel look.
Well that was an unexpectedly positive review, wasn't it? I really like Two Cosmetics' Duo Eyeshadow in Heartache. I feel so bad that I doubted it! The formula of this duo is really great. Pigmented, long lasting, easy to work with, and reasonably priced. What more can you ask for? Charitable donations? Oh, don't worry, Two Cosmetics covers that as well. I don't typically reach for pink eyeshadows, but Heartache might change that. I'll continue to use and enjoy these eyeshadows. If I wasn't waist deep in eyeshadow, I'd consider trying more from this brand. If you're on the market for new eyeshadows, or you want to support a good cause while getting your beauty fix, I encourage you to check out Two Cosmetics. 



Ingredients:
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Carmine, Blue Lake 1, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Ultramarine, Chromium Hydroxide Green




this post contains an affiliated link or referral code. 

1 comment