Mirabella Posy Colour Sheer Lipstick Review

 Mirabella calls their Colour Sheer Lipsticks "beautifully sheer lip color to wear all day and night. Mango butter base nourishes lips. Available in a wide range of fashionable shades. Lead and paraben free." Mirabella offers twelve shades of Colour Sheer lipsticks, I'll be reviewing Posy. Colour Sheer lipsticks contains 3g (.11 oz) and sell for $22 a piece. I received this lipstick in my May Ipsy Bag. Mirabella products can be bough through the brand's website and at select salons in the US and Europe (a list can be found on their site). Mirabella products are not tested on animals. This lipstick was made in the USA.

 Mirabella's Colour Sheer Lipsticks come in a red and white cardboard box. The Mirabella logo is printed on the front of the box. A description can be found on one side, a full ingredient list on the other. This lipstick comes in a round, shiny, dark grey tube. The Mirabella logo is printed vertically on the cap in silver mirrored letters. This lipstick's twist up mechanism is also silver. The shade name can be found on a label on the bottom of the tube.
 I've had mixed experiences with Mirabella products in the past, so I wasn't sure if I'd like their Colour Sheer Lipstick, in all honest I was pretty disappointed that it came in my Ipsy Bag. Well, I'm not disappointed any more because I do like this lipstick! This isn't the best lipstick formula I've ever worked with, but I'd say its above average. Mirabella's Colour Sheer formula has a silky texture that helps it glide on to the lips effortlessly. As you could guess from the name, this lipstick is sheer, but color payoff can be built up with one or two extra swipes. The Colour Sheer Lipstick formula is fairly moist and comfortable on the lips. Mirabella's Colour Sheers aren't particularly long lasting, I get an hour or two of wear. This lipstick is surprisingly transfer resistant during eating and drinking. Colour Sheer Lipsticks have a sweet, generic scent and no noticeable flavor.
 Mirabella's Posy is a sheer, cool, slightly reddish pink. I raised this issue when I reviewed Benefit's Posie Tint, and I'm going to ask it again. What is a posy exactly? I was always under the impression that it was a single type of flower, but Google tells me that its another word for bouquet. Well this is all irrelevant. Because Posy is so sheer it'll be affected by your natural lip color. On my  naturally pink and pigmented lips Posy comes off as as a magenta pink that veers closer to red if I add more layers. Posy has a pretty, glossy finish that I really like.
Mirabella's Posy Colour Sheer Lipstick is good. Packaging is simple but nice. I like this lipstick's formula; its silky, glossy, and moisturizing, though short lived on the lips. This lipstick is purposefully sheer, but it can be built up. Posy is a rosy pink, which isn't my favorite shade. The color is the only thing that keeps me from using Mirabella's Colour Sheer Lipstick all the dang time. I feel like $22 is pretty pricey for a lipstick, but if you don't mind splurging on lipsticks Mirabella's Colour Sheers are worth checking out. Looking for a cheaper alternative? I think this formula is quite similar to Maybelline's Color Whispers. 




Ingredients:
Octyldodecanol, Polybutene, Pentaerythrityl, Tetraisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Ozokerite, Dicalcium Phospate, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Flavor, Pentaerithrityl Tetra-DI-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, BHT, Silica, Tin Oxide.

May Contain:
Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 (CI 45410), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985).


this post contains an affiliated link/referral code.

2 comments

  1. Followed your blog through the hop.
    http://nativerootz.wordpress.com/
    Jada

    ReplyDelete