July Ipsy Bag - Beach Beauty

 I just got my July Ipsy bag in the mail! I swear shipping is taking longer and longer each month since Ipsy partnered with DHL. I used to get my bag within two days of getting my tracking email, and the last two months its been over a week! Do not like. What I do like is the goodies in the bag. This month, Ipsy partnered with eight brands: Benefit, BH Cosmetics, Coola, Demeter, Derma E, Nailtini, Pop Beauty, and Sexy Hair. If you aren't familiar with Ipsy, you can read about it in my article here. To sum it up though, Ipsy is a subscription service that costs $10/month, for 4-5 deluxe sample or full size beauty products. Click through to see what I got.

 Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray - 1.7 fl oz ($6) - Full Size 5.1 fl oz ($19.95)

I haven't tried any sort of texturizing spray, but I've been wanting to, so I'm pleased to have received this. This styling product contains argan oil to moisturize the hair. I've been a fan of the two other Sexy Hair products I've received from Ipsy, so I look forward to trying the Soy Renewal Beach Spray as well. Some subscribers received the Big Sexy Hair Humidity Resistance Spray instead of the Beach Spray. 


The Claims:
Creates beachy undone texture that looks and feels like you’ve spent a day at the beach. Contains argan oil which helps nourish, protect and heal hair damage.

The Offer:
$5 off $25 Sexy Hair purchase at Ulta or Ulta.com 
(code is customized, I can't share it sorry).

 Coola Mineral Sunscreen SPF 20 - 7ml sample (about $5) - Full Size 50ml ($36)

I've been hearing a lot about Coola lately, it seems like the brand kinda came out of nowhere. I'm not really an avid sunscreen user, I don't often venture outside, but with my stay in Australia fast approaching, I'm sure I'll be able to put this facial sunscreen to good use. Some subscribers received Coola's Mineral Tinted Moisturizer instead of the Mineral Sunscreen. 

The Claims:
Keep the sun and environment at bay with this SPF 20 broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen; a clear, Titanium Dioxide based formula (for those who are Zinc sensitive) made with 98% natural ingredients. Organic Acai Oil - high in Omegas-3/6/9, Vitamins B1/2/3, plus antioxidant Vitamins C and E - delivers a powerful defense against aging. Organic Sunflower Seed Extract promotes elasticity while organic Linseed Oil, containing Alpha-Linolenic Acids, reduces redness and irritation. The phyto-protector Plankton Extract rejuvenates, as organic Cucumber Extract calms skin.

This sunscreen is hypoallergenic, paraben-free, ultra sheer, anti-aging, and water resistant for 40 minutes.

The Offer:
30% off any order at coolasuncare.com with code IPSY
BH Cosmetics California Collection Sampler - unknown value - full size California palettes -$9.95

This trio of eyeshadows contains one shade from from each of the three California themed eyeshadow palettes. This is the product I'm least excited about, these eyeshadows don't seem super impressive. The tiny palette is cute though, and I'll definitely try them. I haven't tried any BH Cosmetics products before. 

The Claims:
This BH Cosmetics makeup palette includes a shade from each of the California Collection palettes: Hollywood, San Francisco, and Malibu. 

The Offer:
10% off California Collection palettes at bhcosmetics.com/ipsy with code IPSY


 Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon - Coral Crush - Full Size - $4 ($25 for set of 6)
Pop Beauty just released these jumbo lip crayons. They're currently not available individually, but in a set of six shades. Ipsy sent out three different shades, I was super excited to get the coral shade. Yinz know me and my coral lip colors. The color payoff is really nice, as is the texture. I think this is my favorite product in the bag. 

The Claims:
POP's Pouty Pop Crayon nourishes, treats, and adds that perfectly-plumped pop to lips. These extra-nourishing balms gently bounce onto lips creating a plumped & pillowy pout leaving them with luscious, long-lasting colour with a super-smooth texture. Available in six shades.

The Offer:
20% your order at popbeautycosmetics.com with code POPLUVSIPSY
Demeter Salt Air Roll On Perfume Oil - Full Size - $10

We were sent Demeter Roll On Perfume Oils last July and I wasn't impressed by the scent I received, or it's longevity, but I kinda love the scent of Salt Air! Its so beachy and fresh. This is my second favorite product in July's bag. This was one of the four variations in the bag. Others received Benefit's Benetint, a Nailtini Nail Polish, or Derma E's Microdermabrasion Scrub. Not gonna lie, I'm kinda sad I didn't get Benetint, but this was my second choice. Good enough. =D 

The claims:
Demeter Fragrance Library’s Perfume Oils come in over 250 scents. Their perfume oils provide a long lasting fragrance alternative while pampering your skin. 

The Benefits: 
• 97% Natural Ingredients 
• Non-Alcohol 
• Fractionated Coconut and Palm Kernel Oil, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E 
• Pampers and softens skin 
• Easy-to-use roll-on applicator. 

Provides a great, long-lasting scent on the run, at a great price!

The Offer:
20% off any purchase at demeterfragrance.com with code IPSYDFL20
____________________________________________________________________

Total Value of July's Bag:
$25~


This isn't the most "valuable" bag I've received from Ipsy, but I'm excited to try all but one of the products, so I'm happy with it. It was well worth my $10. Please leave a comment and tell me what you got in July's Ipsy Bag.

Click here to subscribe to Ipsy to receive awesome products for just $10



This post contains affiliated links/referral codes

2 comments

  1. I recently got one of the BH California palettes and it is actually really good. The shades are nicely pigmented too and last a very long time as well. We got similar bags, the only difference is I got the nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Non-alcohol? Ash hates that thing.

    ReplyDelete