Demeter Dragon Fruit Roll On Perfume Oil Review

 I've always wanted to try a dragon fruit, but I've never even seen one in a grocery store. In a city where pierogies and kielbasa top most everyone's list of favorite foods, exotic fruits aren't exactly easy to come by. Last year when Ipsy (then My Glam) was sending out Demeter Roll On Perfume Oils, I had my heart set on receiving the Dragon Fruit scent. My hopes were dashed when I received the Clean Skin scent instead. My friend Carly of The Science of Chic was kind enough to send me the Dragon Fruit Roll On Perfume Oil she  received. Here's what Demeter has to say: "Fresh from the vine, Dragon Fruit is created with leafy green notes intertwined with juicy dragon fruit, citrus zest, and soft floral and wood hints. Dazzling and appealing, Dragon Fruit is an interesting fruit and a wonderful fragrance." I have an 8.8ml (.29 fl oz) roller ball of this scent, which has a value of $10. Demeter offers several sizes and forms of this scent. Dragon Fruit is just one of hundreds of Demeter's scents. Demeter's products can be bought through the brand's website, and at Duane Reade and Walgreens. Demeter does not test on animals, nor do the supplies they buy from. This perfume oil is a natural product. Demeter fragrances are made in America.

 Packaging for Demeter's Roll On Perfume Oil is pretty simple. This fragrance comes housed in rectangular glass bottle topped by a black plastic cap. Screw off the cap and you'll find a small plastic roller ball. The front label is yellow and white, it offers the fragrance and product name. A clear label is affixed to the back of the bottle listing the ingredients. This roller ball doesn't skip on the skin or feel weird like many ceramic roller balls do.
 Now, because I've never munched on a dragon fruit, I have no experience with what they smell like, nor can I comment on how well Demeter captured the scent of a legit dragon fruit. What can I tell you then? That this is a really fresh summer scent. Demeter's Dragon Fruit smells pretty much like grapefruit, but without the bitter edge. Just because Demeter managed to filter out the gentle bitterness of a grapefruit doesn't mean they've made this scent artificial or too sweet, it has a real fruit quality to it. Demeter's Dragon Fruit isn't entirely grapefruit though, its definitely the dominate note but there seems to be a non-specific green aspect to it as well. I was under the impression that fragrance oils were meant to last longer than your every day eau de toilette, but so far that hasn't been my experience with Demeter's Roll On Perfume Oils. Dragon Fruit lasts roughly one hour on me. Disappointing, but at least this roller ball is portable.
I really like the fruity green scent of Demeter's Dragon Fruit Roll On Perfume Oil, I just wish it lasted longer.  Honestly this scent is pretty much just straight-forward, one note, citrusy, but not too strong. If this is what legit dragon fruits smell, and subsequently taste like, sign me up. While I like this scent and am very happy to have tried it, I wouldn't purchase it. A big thanks to Carly for hooking me up with this Roll On Perfume Oil. 


Ingredients:
Medium Chain Triglycerides derived from Coconut Oil and Palm Oil, Jojoba Oil, Fragrance, Tocopherol 

this post contains an affiliated link or referral code. 

1 comment

  1. I don't think dragon's eat fruit funnily enough.

    ReplyDelete