Too Faced Lip Insurance Lip Primer Review

 Too Faced Lip Insurance Lip Primer is a "unique, creamy formulation created for application all over the lips to promote suppleness and lock in lip color so it will not feather, fade, or transfer. Our paraben free, Vitamin E enriched formula pampers lips while powerful pigment binders protect colors in the most challenging lip conditions and from pout imperfections." On top of being paraben free, this lip primer is also vegan friendly. I got a 3.5g (.12 oz) sample of Lip Insurance in the Beauty Editors Darlings value kit, which I bought at Ulta for $19. The full size of this lip product contains 4.4g (.15 oz) and sells for $19. Too Faced products can be bought through the brand's website, Sephora, and Ulta. Too Faced does not test on animals. This product was made in the USA.

 Too Faced Lip Insurance comes in a pretty Tiffany blue tube. The front of the tube features the Too Faced logo and product name. The cap twists off to reveal a regular doe foot applicator. I really adore the color of the tube. I believe the full size has similar to identical packaging.
 Too Faced Lip Insurance is a clear to off-white balm like lip primer. Application is like that of any product with a doe foot applicator. At first, Lip Insurance feels very thin, light, and moisturizing on the lips; almost like a watered down Vaseline. As this lip primer sets, it takes on more of a velvety feel. Lip colors apply with slightly more ease. While I can't really speak for how well this primer prevents feathering (not really a problem I experience),I can say for sure that Too Faced Lip Insurance significantly increases the wear time of lip products. For longer wearing lip products, this primer barely extends wear, but for creamy, moisturizing products like Maybelline Color Whispers or Revlon Lip Butters, the wear is doubled. Lip products seem to stay on my lips shorter than average, so I find Lip Insurance really helpful.
Too Faced Lip Insurance Lip Primer is really good. I had my doubts about a lip primer, but if you have products keeping your lip products on like I do, they might be something worth looking into. Too Faced's lip primer helps keep on even the most fleeting of lipsticks. This product also feels awesome on the lips. I likely won't purchase the full size of Lip Insurance, $19 is a bit much for an unnecessary (but nice to have) product like a lip primer. If you need help keeping your lipstick put and don't mind a bit of a splurge, but all means check out Too Faced Lip Insurance. 



Ingredients:
Isododecane, Silica, Talc, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isobutyl Methacrylate/ Trifluoroethylmethacrylate/Bis-Hydroxypropyl Dimethicone Acrylate Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Jojoba Esters, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Trihydroxystearin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Triethylhexanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbitan Isostearate, o-Cymen-5-oL, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Portulaca Pilosa Extract, Sucrose Cocoate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Mica.


7 comments

  1. Thanks for the review, I just bought the e.l.f. lip lock pencil so I will try that out for a while and see if it works but if not I may try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you like the beauty darlings set? I've stopped myself so many times from getting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try something like this, especially for going out where I don't want to be reapplying all the time; but I can't say that $20 is worth it for such a small tube.
    Great review as always!

    http://www.boston-princess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it works well! Right now I'm not going to splurge on it, but who knows. Maybe when I get older and have issues with feathering I'll be willing to spend the cash on lip primer. Nice review!
    Have a great weekend!
    Danielle
    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this really reminds me of primer potion for lips its like they always compete haha

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete