Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Eau De Toilette Review

 Marc Jacobs' Daisy Eau So Fresh is "a whimsical interpretation of the original Daisy fragrance, this scent is more fruity, more bubbly, more fun! Open the bottle and you'll be transported to a field of sunshine that bursts with the flirty scent of flowers and the cheerful sweetness of fruits. It's light, woody base infuses a subtle but sharp glimmer of musk for an unexpected twist of radiance." I received a sample of Daisy Eau So Fresh in a swap with my friend Stephanie. Three sizes of Daisy Eau so Fresh are offered, a .24 fl oz rollerball ($20), 2.5 fl oz ($78), and 4.25 fl oz ($90). Marc Jacobs fragrances can be bought through the brand's website, at Sephora, Ulta, and fine department stores. Marc Jacobs fragrances are produced by Coty Prestige, a company with an unclear animal testing policy. This perfume was made in France.

 Marc Jacobs' Daisy Eau So Fresh has very feminine packaging. The full size bottle is described as "fun to look at, touch, and open. The gold top of the weighted glass bottle is covered in six soft-to-the-touch daisies with petals in white, pink, and yellow." The sample I received came in a pink cardboard folder adorned with white and yellow flowers. Inside the folder is an image of the full size bottle, a description of the scent. The sample comes in a small vial with a spray top. The name of the scent is printed on the vial in black lettering.
 Notes: Natural Raspberry, Grapefruit, Pear, Violet, Wild Rose, Apple Blossom, Musk, Cedarwood, Plum

The first time I sprayed on Daisy Eau So Fresh, I fell in love. It smelled amazing, sweet but tart, with a great balance of fruit and floral notes. Upon second sniff, I realized that Daisy Eau So Fresh reminded me of one of my treats - a blue raspberry lollipop. I'm not quite sure why. This fragrance incorporates many of my favorite scents notes; violet, grapefruit, pear, and raspberry. I definitely pick up the violet most strongly, which is what sold me on this scent. After the violet I pick up a blend of musk and rose, the warm almost spicy quality of cedarwood, sweet raspberries, and just a hint of grapefruit. Daisy Eau So Fresh dries down to be a slightly woodier version of it's self. For an eau de toilette, the lasting power is pretty good. Marc Jacobs' Daisy Eau So Fresh lingers on the skin for about 4-5 hours.
I kinda love Daisy Eau So Fresh. This is my favorite fragrance at the moment. I really love the strong violet base in it. I'm considering buying the rollerball, or asking for it for a gift (#hintdean). If you love fruit florals and violet based scents like I do, Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh is an excellent but expensive choice. I definitely recommend sampling this scent as soon as you can! 



Ingredients:
Alcohol Denat, Fragrance, Water, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzophenone 3, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, BHT, Butyl Methoxydibenzolmethane, Butylphenyl Methylpropinol, Citral, Citronellol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnimate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnimal, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Methyl-2-Octynoate, D&C Red 33, Ext D&C Violet 2, FD&C Yellow 5 

8 comments

  1. I love this perfume it smells amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting for awhile to pick this up but the price always holds me back!
    Maybe I'll try out the rollerball :)
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the price is definitely hindering my interest, but I don't think $20 for the rollerball is too bad! Glad you enjoyed the review.

      Delete
  3. I love sample perfumes! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved it so much, that I bought the rollerball! It is my first rollerball, and I enjoy applying it that way as opposed to the spray haha. Lovely scent

    Simple Charm Beauty

    ReplyDelete