Makeup Academy 3-in-1 Extreme Contour Liner Review.

 Makeup Academy's 3-in-1 Extreme Contour Liner has angles that will help you "create different looks - whatever your occasion. Add drama by creating big and bold eyes, go glamorous for a soft and sultry effect, or define eyes for an ultra chic finish." Makeup Academy offers seven shades, I have Smoked Plum. I received this eyeliner as a gift from my friend Rae. The 3-in-1 Extreme Contour Liner contains .4g and retails for £1.50 ($2.35 USD). Makeup Academy products are sold at Superdrugs, and through the brand's website, which ships internationally. Makeup Academy products are cruelty free and made in China.

 The Makeup Academy 3-in-1 Extreme Contour Liner comes in a black box featuring the product name on the front, and tips on how to use the liner on the back. A full ingredient list can be found on the side of the box. The eyeliner it's self comes in a black plastic tube with the Makeup Academy logo and product name printed on it in silver lettering. The 3-in-1 Extreme Contour Liner is an automatic twist up eyeliner - no sharpening required!
 Makeup Academy's 3-in-1 Extreme Contour Liner has a slanted point that's obviously meant to give you three different application options. Yeah, that's nice n'at, but this eyeliner got worn down to a blunt point after just two uses. So I guess I'll be reviewing it just like any other eyeliner. Makeup Academy's 3-in-1 Extreme Contour Liner swatches on the decently, but it's hard to get a good line on the eye without pressing too hard. Once you get the 3-in-1 Extreme Contour Liner on the eye, do not try to smudge it out. Instead of a sexy, smokey look this liner smear away til it's gone. Even if you don't choose to smudge out the 3-in-1 Extreme Contour Liner, it won't last too long, maybe three hours, before it completely fades away.
 If anything, Smoked Plum is a nice color, I would reach for this liner so often if it lasted better, because the shade is just so versatile. Makeup Academy's Smoked Plum looks quite purple in the packaging, but on the skin it's more of a greyish brown that flashes plum at some angles. This eyeliner is kinda similar to Urban Decay's Busted Eyeshadow. In fact, Makeup Academy's Smoked Plum pairs so well with the Naked2 Palette.
[on the lower lash line]
I wish I could've loved Makeup Academy's 3-in-1 Extreme Contour Liner. The concept is good, but the angled tip wears away so quickly. Application isn't easy, the texture of the eyeliner is hard and it just drags on the last line. The wear straight up sucks, lets not keep talking about it. The color of Smoked Plum is great, I would wear it everyday if it stayed put. I'm going to try setting Smoked Plum with UD's Busted. I wouldn't purchase or recommend Makeup Academy's 3-in-1 Extreme Contour Liner, but I'm not really sure I'm ready to toss it or not. 

Ingredients:
Caprylic Capric Trigylceride, Polybutene, Paraffinium Liquidium, Glycol Montanate, Synthetic Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Microcryistalline Cera, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol Acetate

May Contain:
Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, CI 42090, CI 77510, CI 1603, CI 77742, Tin Oxides, Synthetic Fluorophlogopite, 

5 comments

  1. Rae gives you so many goodies. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like when liners are hard to use so I think I will pass on trying this but thanks for the review :)

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just couldn't make this work for me. I normally love MUA products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a bit disappointing because i thought it would be more pigmented but it looks quite washed out :/

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete