Be a Bombshell Sweet Cheeks Blush Review

 Be a Bombshell calls their blushes a "highly pigmented, long lasting formula for all day wear." I've mentioned it in previous reviews, but Be a Bombshell is a brand I just do not understand. They seem to have some sort of subscription service, but you an also make individual purchases from the brand. Either way, they're quite unclear. Moving on, Be a Bombshell offers six shades of their blushes, I have Sweet Cheeks. Be a Bombshell's blushes contain 5g (.17 oz) and sell for $16 a piece. I received this product in my April Ipsy Bag. This is the third Be a Bombshell product I've received from Ipsy. This brand is cruelty free. This product was made in China.

 Be a Bombshell has really cute packaging. This product came in a black cardboard box. The brand logo and shade name are printed on the front of the box. Ingredients can be found on the back of the box. The blush comes in a round black compact with a clear flip up lid. The lid features the silhouette of a sexy lady leaning against the letter B. The shade name can be found on the back of the compact.
 I was very surprised by the texture of Be a Bombshell's blush. This is a powder blush, but it feels almost like a cream! Something about this powder almost feels thick. Its very easy to pick this blusher up with a brush. Sweet Cheeks kicks up a fair amount of excess powder, so be careful. Man, the first time I swatched Sweet Cheeks I was taken aback by the pigmentation. Its crazy, absolutely crazy. I have never seen such a richly pigmented blush before. You would think Sweet Cheeks would give you some serious clown cheeks, but if used sparingly and blended with care it can be a very pretty cheek color. Be a Bombshell's Sweet Cheeks blush blends like a dream. Though described as long lasting, I feel like Sweet Cheeks fades significantly after about six hours of wear.
 I never though I could work a shade like Sweet Cheeks. Be a Bombshell descries this shade as a "medium rosy pink with shimmer." Yeah, sounds about right. In a heavy swatch or in the pan, Sweet cheeks is an intense, bright, matte rosy pink. However, when blended out, the color retains it's integrity but sheers out significantly, while developing a glowy sheen. This is still a strong blush shade, so I don't reach for it very often, but its much more wearable than I expected.
I actually like Be a Bombshell's Sweet Cheeks Blush quite a bit. Packaging is both cute and functional. The texture of this powder blush is far richer than I ever could have expected, as is the pigmentation. For real, the color payoff is insane! The bright, rosy pink isn't an every day blush shade for me, but it's flattering if applied properly. I don't know if I recommend this blush, I mean you could march up to your MAC counter and get a pan of their blush for just $1 more, but at the same time the quality and color of Be a Bombshell's Sweet Cheeks is kinda great. 



Ingredients:
Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin Clay, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

May Contain:
Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 40, Red 7, Yellow 5 


This post contains an affiliated link. 

1 comment