Rimmel Apocalips/Show Off Lip Lacquers Review - Luna

 Rimmel's new Apocalips Lip Lacquers seem to be the next big thing for drugstore lip products. Rimmel says "its the end of colour as you know it! The intense, rich colour of a lipstick enhanced by a satin smooth shine. Its neither a lipstick nor a gloss, its bigger than both". Rimmel offers eight shades of their Apocalips, I have Luna. I just wanna take a second to pat Rimmel on the back for naming this product "Apocalips", I love me a good pun. These highly coveted lip lacquers have been available in the UK for a couple months, but they haven't hit the drugstores here in the States quite yet, but they are on the way! I ordered my Rimmel Apocalips from Asos for $7.50ish. Each lip lacquer contains 5.5ml (.18 fl oz). Rimmel Apocalips are made in England. Rimmel is a subsidiary of Coty Inc, a company with a very questionable animal testing policy.

 Rimmel's Apocalips tube is plastic and cylindrical. The bottom of the tube is clear, offering a peek at the color. The tube fades to black and is topped off by black plastic cap. The product name and Rimmel logo are printed on the tube in reflective silver lettering. The doe foot applicator that comes with the Apocalips Lip Lacquers is pretty interesting. Its the same shape and texture as most doe foots, but it has a little indentation in the middle. It seems like the dent holds extra product so you don't need to dip your wand multiple times.
I've heard nothing but good stuff about Rimmel's Apocalips Lip Lacquers. These liquid lipsticks are quite creamy and easy to apply. Though the formula is obviously pigmented, I feel like Luna needs two coats to reach total opacity, mainly due to slightly uneven application. Rimmel's Apocalips feel like a creamy gloss at first but quickly dry down to a velvety feel. This lip lacquer is neither drying nor hydrating. Wear for the Apocalips Lip Lacquers is very good! I get nearly three hours of wear from this product, even with lots of talking and some eating and drinking. Rimmel's lip lacquers do transfer a bit onto straws and cups, but otherwise stay put. I've heard a few people complain about the scent and flavor of the Rimmel Apocalips, but I don't think its too bad. The scent is a little bit plasticy, a little bit fruity, but it doesn't seem to transfer onto the lips. 
I'm really not sure about the shade Luna. It certainly doesn't match the swatch I saw on Asos. Luna is a creamy orangey peach with pink tones. The color is kinda puzzling for me. Can I just call it a peachy coral? I think that's what it might be. I really don't know. Luna contains no shimmer and has a satin finish on the lips. I can't even tell if this color is flattering for me or not. I'm just confused by Luna in so many ways.
 Rimmel's Apocalips Lip Lacquers really are worth all the hype in my opinion. They're creamy, easy to apply, pigmented, and wear very well. What more can I ask for from a liquid lipstick? I can't wait for this product to finally officially launch in America. I'm not sure how much they'll cost, I paid a little less than $7.50 for mine, which is a very fair price point considering the product's quality. In hindsight, I would've chosen a different shade, and I hope to pick up another Apocalips in the future. Go get one of these awesome, affordable lip lacquers as soon as you can!


Ingredients unavailable. 

9 comments

  1. uuuh I love the finish, I gotta have a look at it - like I don't have enough lipsticks and laquers and glosses and whatnot. But heeey, Rimmel says, its something totally new, so thats an excuse, lol.
    Love your reviews. You inspired me to try some reviews for the very first time in my blogging history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm really glad that I inspire you <3 That's so amazing to hear. :3

      Delete
    2. Its true, I love your blog, its just really great, I spend hours here browsing around.

      Delete
  2. I like that color on you! They're going to call them Show Off Lip Lacquers in the US, which is kind of a bummer for someone who loves a pun as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THEY ARE COMING! :D I think they're currently at drugstore.com for about $5.50, but they changed the US name to Show Off, which I think it so dumb. Apocylips sounds so much cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just dropping by to say "thank you" for linking up on my Bloglovin Blog Hop! Now following via Bloglovin.

    Take care,
    Meg
    Happy Kids, Inc

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found the display for these at my Walgreens, and I got one because of seeing this review.

    So far, I'm LOVING it. I got the color Apocaliptic, and now I feel like I need all of them...

    ReplyDelete